You live where?! - 4

The one thing Ray would not let Nezu do for him was find him a place to stay. He was so grateful towards the Ratgod for accepting him as a student and paying for his plane ticket, he refused to force his sensei to have to pay every month for him to have an apartment when he was perfectly fine living in an old abandoned building or on the streets. What Ray didn't know was that Nezu was fully aware of his living situation and wasn't about to let his portage live on the streets or overwork himself in order to pay for a place himself.

The day before he had gone to meet the teachers at UA he had researched Dagobah beach and built himself a small humble abode out of all the trash hundreds of people had foolishly left behind. It was nicer than some of the places he had stayed at before and was perfectly content to sleep on the ground. He would soon find out that according to the teachers, that it was not acceptable or even legal.

When Ray woke up to the sun shining in his eyes, he could only guess due to the sun's position that it was around 6 in the morning leaving him with plenty of time to get ready and walk to UA to meet up with Midnight. She had wanted to meet at his place but he had convinced her otherwise by saying he hadn't fully moved in and didn't want her to see it as a mess. She begrudgingly agreed and Ray soon found himself in her car, on their way to the mall. Having grown up only wearing white, Ray didn't exactly have any fashion sense but Midnight was quite excited to help him out.

"Come on Rin!" Midnight squealed as she quite literally drug him along until she found the store she had been looking for. They went through many stores with Midnight insisting that he wouldn't have to pay her back for any of it as they bought many shirts, pants, and sweatshirts mainly sticking with blacks, grays, blues, dark greens, and some red color patterns. Ray's favorite store so far was Hot topic as he got a few band t-shirts, bracelets, and a couple of rings. Midnight wanted to get him earrings as well but he had to remind her that his ears weren't even pierced which he discovered was a mistake.

   The next thing he knew, Midnight had put all their bags into her trunk and she was on her way to a tattoo parlor while explaining the different ear piercing he could get. In the end he managed to convince her to only get his bottom cartridge pierced and think about any more ear piercings later. By the end of the day, Ray was exhausted and didn't even bother to argue with Midnight when she insisted she drive him home.

   What his sleep deprived mind forgot to think about was the energetic woman's reaction to him quite literally living in a dump sight. As he started to fall asleep he tiredly mumbled to her that he lived near Degobah beach and fell asleep to her quietly humming to him. When she pulled up to the beach and softly shook him awake to ask for directions he just cracked an eye open and told her that she had reached her destination before closing his eye again.

   Midnight was mad, no she was furious at Nezu! She quietly stepped out of her car and walked a few feet away before slamming her finger down on Nezu's contact number. It barely rung twice before she heard Nezu attempt to answer, "Ah hel-" "Don't hello me Mr! Would you like to explain to me why Rin is living homeless!?" She hissed angrily. Nezu merely chuckled. "You-" Midnight paused for a second, "You planned for this to happen didn't you?" Midnight could practically feel Nezu smiling over the phone. "The boy needs a mother figure in his life Nemuri and needs to learn that not all women are untrustworthy." Nezu said with a sad undertone in his voice. "What do you mean by that!?" Nemuri shouted in worry. Nezu just cackled and ended the call with a small click.

   Nemuri looked at the sleeping boy who for the first time looked at peace instead of the constantly tense figure she had grown used to seeing. If she wanted to know what Rin had been forced to go through she would need to gain his trust. So she quietly started her car back up and drove in the opposite direction towards her house as she began to mentally prepare Rin's new room in her head. As a hero she had plenty of money to spare and her house was nice but a bit larger than one person alone needs to live in. She would have Rin's room be right across from hers and let him shop for his new room online in the morning. Besides, Nemuri had been wanting a child if her own to take care of for a while now and Rin seemed like the perfect one for her.