Examine observation - 6

A month or so had passed since Ray had been forced to move in with Nemuri and they had grown close. Ray had even begun to call her mama-night. Mama Isabella will always be his mother but she never made him feel safe or loved like Nemuri did. Every day, Midnight and Ray would walk to UA and walk back at the end of the school day. Ray spent most of his time learning from Nezu and training his quirk. One of his favorite ways to train was to watch the teachers and criticize their quirk usage and write how they can improve. He currently had a growing pile of notebooks, one for each teacher. Nezu would even show him a single clip of a hero fighting and tell him only their name before demanding a detailed analysis in under a certain amount of time. But currently Ray found himself watching the entrance exam with the other heroes and was furiously writing down notes on the most promising looking students.

So far an explosive blonde, human Sonic, Kirby, a literal frog, and Pikachu were amongst some of the few to have caught his attention. But his favorite was an underdog with gravity defying hair. Shinsou Hitoshi whose quirk was used for mind control had managed to go farther into the city then most and was attacking from behind and tearing out the wires with the usage of other destroyed robot parts. He was also taking his time to help other kids when being overly reckless and prevented their possible injuries. Villain points alone won't get him into the hero course but his rescue points will give him the needed amount.

   Ray continues to roll his eyes at some of the kids' recklessness and sighs fondly as it reminds him of Emma. She would always do whatever she could to save everyone even when it put her own life in danger. Luckily Gilda and Don kept both her and him in check as he had his "suicidal" moments as well. Then again Normal practically gave his life before their escape so the three of them were all bad influences on each other. 'Oh well' Ray thought to himself with a shrug.

   After a few long hours of rewatching the practical exams to focus on certain students, Ray finally finished his long list of analysis which filled up several notebooks. He stood up and stretched, feeling sore from sitting still for so long. He leisurely made his way to Nezu's office and didn't bother knocking and took in the strange sight in front of him. A tall but skinny man, even more skinny than him, looked practically like a walking skeleton with glowing blue eyes sat on the couch in front of his mentor drinking a cup of his favorite green tea.

   "Excuse me young man but it is rude to enter a room unannounced!" The skeleton annoyingly scolded. It took everything in Ray not to scoff and even then he still rolled his eyes. "Ah Mr. Yagi, this is my apprentice Rin!" Nezu said and turned his attention to Ray, "I assume you finished the analysis I asked of you?" Ray just pulled the stack of notebooks from his bag and placed them on the desk. "Alright you are free to go and cause all the chaos you wish! Don't disappoint!" Nezu teased as Yagi grew stiff at the order to bring chaos.

   Ray's face grew a feral grin that could rival even Nezu and gave a mock salute. Having yet to explore all the UA building, he gladly took this time to investigate the vent system. He made sure to make lots of noice, especially when teachers walked by or were working in the room he was above. Nezu was quite pleased when Present Mic ran and claiming ghosts had infiltrated UA only an hour after he had let Ray loose.

   When Hizashi returned to the teachers lounge to meet up with Aizawa and Nemuri, he was surprised to see Rin relaxing in his chair. The boy was quietly chatting with Aizawa on the best way to capture a villain without causing a big fight to avoid citizen injuries. Run seemed to prefer antagonizing the bad guy until they blindly attacked out of rage while Aizawa favored sneak attacks. Both had slight smiles on their faces which was rare for either of them.

The pairs relationship had started off slightly rocky as Aizawa originally saw Rin as cocky and arrogant after he tested his skills but quickly realized it was a mask. Aizawa had done the same when he was a kid and loved to be a little shit whenever he proved teachers who underestimated him wrong as well. Both Hizashi and Aizawa knew they would like him the moment he ripped Vlad apart for his quirkism but it took Ray a bit to open up. He was closer to Nemuri as he now lived with her but he was starting to see the two men as father figures. At least he thinks so, seeing as how he never had a father around before. He missed his siblings but slowly he was building a new family, only this time he didn't have to worry about his brain becoming demon food.