38|Give It To Me Straight.

(Song of the Chapter- "She Knows" By J. Cole ft. Amber Coffman, Cults)

"No fucking way this is where you live." Shanice jaw falls open and me and Shacquille stifle a smile.

"I can't believe this, you're stinking rich and didn't say anything? Boo, you whore." Courtney shoves Shacquille playfully.

He smiles at her and I look between them.

Hmm...

"There are 15 rooms in the house, you can partner up, or sleep alone." Shac slung an arm over my shoulder and I stay quiet.

Did they? No, he wouldn't do something like that.

Would he?

"May?" Elias snaps me out of my soon to be spiralling thoughts.

"Hmm?" I answered, absentmindedly.

I need to know.

"James said he can't wait to see you." And I smile.

James was Elias' little brother, adorable and chubby, and was our little advisor. It's been forever since I've seen him.

"Tell him I absolutely miss him. And tell him to come over my house some time. We can hang out like the old days." He nodded, staring back down at his phone.

Shacquille tenses beside me and I look up at him to see his jaw clenched.

Gottem.

"Can we go inside now?" Aiden asked, clearly feeling the tension and I nod, walking away from Shacquille and I can feel him staring at me.

They followed me inside and had the same reaction that I had when I first saw the place.

"No way, I need to rob you." Shanice and Elias exclaimed and they chuckled after.

Shacquille looks at me and I advert my gaze, looking at my pacifier on the counter and goes to take it up, pushing it in my pocket.

"We're going upstairs." Shacquille walks in, looking down at me. "Go and show them around. I'll be here." I shrugged, moving from him.

He grips my hand firmly. "I meant us baby. They'll find their way around."

And I shake my head. "You're the host. It's your house."

"It's our house Angel. And they're more of your friends than mine."

"I don't have your last name." I said, grasping at straws so he'd leave me alone.

I needed time to think, get everything straight.

"Yes, you do. It's just not on paper as yet. Now, can we please go upstairs?" He looked at me and I shook my head.

"No."

"Have it your way." And he throws me over his shoulder, walking out the kitchen.

"Put me down!" I shouted, and they looked at us.

 "Shacquille!" A swift hit to my ass makes me quiet down.

"Have fun exploring!" Shacquille throws over his shoulder, gently bounding the stairs and heads into our room.

He puts me down on the bed and I get up, not wanting to sit and he walks over to the door, closing it.

He walks back over to me, studying me for a few moments.

"What's wrong baby? You've been awfully quiet since we got here." I ignore him.

"Angel." He tries again and I fold my arms.