10|The Fuckening

(Song of the chapter: "Let her go" By Passenger)

  Are you serious right now? This won't help me get over him. I walk off and Shacquille grabbed my hand.

  "Shacquille, I want to leave." I mumbled, not looking at him. 

   "Maya. Look at me. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to tell him. Babydoll, just give me a chance. Please." He pleaded with me, and I get a glimpse at the grey eyed boy I fell in love with.

   I stopped and looked at him. He looked so fragile, so.... Broken. I've never seen him with that look, but I can't put myself back through that torture. The pain of thinking that I wasn't good enough, or if he was out cheating. I can't do it.

I tore my eyes away from him and shook my head, feeling him still plead with me.

  "I'm sorry Shacquille. I can't." And I pulled my hand away and walked away, my thoughts running.

    "Maya, look out!" I heard before I bumped up into someone, spilling their drink on them.

  " I'm sorr-" I looked and saw it was Anna-Kay. Oh no, here we go. 

  " You cunning little bitch! Why must you ruin my life?" She screeched and slap me. Dramatic much? How does accidentally spilling your drink on you ultimately ruins your life?

   I tried to control my anger, but that didn't work. Slow deep breaths. In for 3, out for 4. In for 3, out for- "What, cat got your tongue, slut?" And that was the icing on the cake.

  So I let it all out. My fear of getting closer to Shacquille because I have no idea of what he's planning now and me not knowing what to do.

  "She's going to kill her!" A familiar voice shouted. It sounded a lot like Shanice, but all I wanted was to break her in half.  I wanted to wrap my hand around her throat and watch as the light leave her eyes. I wanted to make her suffer. 

   Then I felt myself being lifted off of Anna-Kay. "Lasciami fare! Dovrebbe soffrire per tutto quello che mi ha fatto!" I yelled, thrashing into the person's hold. I have no idea why my first thought was to switch to Italian. Maybe because I know that there was only one person here that would understand me. [Let me do it! She should suffer for everything she did to me]

  "E poi cosa succederà baby doll? Andrai in prigione. E noi non lo vogliamo. Adesso lo facial?" I shook my head and leaned in his warmth and touch. God, he was comfortable.

   This scent is awfully familiar, he smells like pine and sandalwo- Oh no, I fucked up.  [And then what will happen baby doll? You will go to jail. And we don't want it. Now do we?]

  "Maya." Kyle glared at the position I was in with Shacquille and I jumped out of his embrace. He winked at me and I blushed.

   "Leave my girl alone Shacquille, you're gonna regret it." And I looked up at him and Shac raised an eyebrow.

  "Uh.. Kyle, was it? I was never good with names." He waved his hand, like he shooing away that statement.  

"She's always been my girl. Believe me when I say, you don't know her like I do. She's not your-"

Shacquille was cut off with a left hook to his jaw and he turned, his teeth baring the blood and his eyes glinting with malice and I shivered in deli- No, you're not gonna have them fighting.

Shacquille was in Southpaw stance, ready to hit him and I felt my chest tightened. I didn't want to see him get hurt. I didn't want him to be this person that I didn't know.

I wanted him to hold me like when we were younger, caress my hair as he whispered sweet nothings into my ear.

I wanted to be wrapped up in his warmth, my blanket.