Day 3 - A Coffee Date

POV: 3rd
It was around brunch that Harmony finally made it over to Brewster's Roost Café. She wasn't late or anything, but she still felt as if she needed to rush and she still didn't dress into the outfit she wanted to wear by the time she was supposed to have left. The café was quiet, there was only three people in the room that day. Marshal, Raymond, and the owner of course.
                                    Harmony got a seat at the table and let out a sigh of relief, "I'm not late am I?" Marshal gave a small smile, "Of course not, sulky."
"Yes, me and Marshal were just talking about nicknames, crisp."
                                    "Oh yeah, I think I noticed people keep referring to each other as cute little nicknames on the island. It's sweet how close y'all are."
                                    Raymond pauses for a moment, "Can I give you a nickname? I've seen other give them out to each other and I've always wanted to."
"Oh sure!"
"Thank you so much, crisp. Would it be in poor taste to give you a nickname based off of the fact your name is literally "harmony" and music related?" She cringes, "Please don't."
                                    "Oh... Okay... How about Pookie?!" Raymond seemed so proud of himself that Harmony did not have the heart to deny the nickname, although she did think it was a little silly, "Perfect."
                                    "We were also talking about what life was like before moving to the island. I used to be an accountant at Kwitty Mart Co," Raymond said quietly, "Because of my work, I was always busy and didn't really have time to settle down or make friends and I made a lot of good money so I thought when they decided to let me go to try something new..." Harmony was amazed that she had met someone who actually worked at that company, although it did make a lot of sense.
Marshal spoke up next, "I used to live at Smokey Town. It's a quaint little small town. Fun fact, Isabelle used to live there too. She used to be the assistant to the Mayor." Both Raymond and Harmony their eyes open wide had heard this. Harmony spoke up, "Really?" Marshall nodded, "Yep, she was actually the one who told me about the island and I actually came here originally just to camp before I got invited on... I wonder how the mayor is doing." He then sipped his coffee, "So what about you, what were you doing before you moved here?" Harmony gave a small smile, "Oh I ran a small flower shop with my family."
Raymond gives up huge smile, "That's nice, Pookie." Marshal sipped his coffee.
There is a long pause after that. Marshal gets worried and speaks up, "Are you OK?" Raymond looked really sad as he worried that he had said something to offend her. Raymond was basically holding his breath waiting for her to say something. She pauses for a long moments before smiling, "You know, I was worried you were about to ask me about how it feels to be human and being raised as a human."
Although he was relieved to find out he did not hurt her feelings, he seemed shocked by what she said and Marshal was puzzled, "What?" They both looked at each other as they realize they had said the same thing at the same time.
She gave a soft chuckle, "Honestly, I'm super glad that everyone in the islands been so respectful, most the time when I move somewhere they always ask me what my parents were like and get super disappointed when I tell them I was adopted. Like it's not my fault."
Raymond's ears fell to his sides, "I'm sorry to hear that. Well I won't ask you about your parents if you don't wanna talk about it."
                                     "I'm just shocked to hear that people could be so rude. I mean insulting someone for being poorly dressed or a complete unsociable idiot is different. But making fun of someone's parents? Now that's just stupid," Marshal said quite bluntly. This caused both Raymond and Harmony to laugh.
"I mean I guess it's a little shocking, you go into a house expecting to meet the human parents of your human friend and you find out that her mom is a highland cow, her dad is an mammoth, and her brothers a red panda."
                                     They both look at her amazed and Marshal says, "Oh I see your parents are cross species so they adopted kids, that's nice. Honestly it should be more normalized."
                                     Raymond chimes in, "It's more common once you go into more condensed cities. One of my sisters is dating a dog, I forget which one."
Everyone had a good laugh about everything, that was until someone ran into the room out of breath.
                                    They panted out, "He's gone!"