Day 3 - Mystery

POV: Harmony
We turned our heads in the direction of the person who came running into the room. They panted out, "He's gone!" Upon closer inspection, it was Rocket.
Me, Raymond, and Marshal stared in disbelief. I was the first one to speak up, "Who is missing?" At first she didn't respond, then with a big shout, "Chops! Chops is missing?!"
Raymond spoke up first, fear in his eyes as this is serious, "How do you know he's missing, crisp?"
Rocket just walked back-and-forth in a circle, "I let Chops borrow my favorite frying pan. When I went to go pick it up this morning, all his stuff was packed up and he said that he was going to move soon and he apologized." To me and everyone else at my table, that didn't seem too crazy. Maybe just a little rude that he wouldn't tell us ahead of time, so we could properly say goodbye.
"That doesn't sound like he's missing," Marshal said bluntly.
"The note was typed up. He never types his notes, he always hand signs it," Rocket reputed.
I just sat there unable to be a part of the conversation. I haven't lived here for very long and I especially didn't know him too well to make any judgment calls. To everyone shock, Brewster spoke up, "If you're so worried, perhaps you might want to inform the local law enforcement?"
"Oh don't worry I already have, I'm just sort of going around the island hoping to find anyone that knew that he was about to leave in order to make sure I'm doing my due diligence. I mean we're all friends here, he's very loud and flashy I'm just shocked that he's doing this. Well I have a few other residents I want to ask, so I gotta go. See ya, vroom." And with that she left.
I didn't know what to say I just sat there quietly, until eventually, Marshal looked at me, "You might wanna go home, if this is serious then we'll probably have an island meeting or announcement about it, but it's not your fault or anything, sulky." I must've looked guilty more than scared. I've only been here for a short amount of time and suddenly someone wants to move away.
Raymond looked at me and gave a smile, "I'm sure this is a misunderstanding, Pookie." I nod my head, they're probably right. I ended up packing my things and wishing them both the best as I headed home, locking myself inside.
I didn't dare go outside. What caught me off guard was the announcement, "Okay everyone, I need you all to stay inside or go inside, depending on where you are. We're going to do a small investigation so we don't want everyone running around."

POV: 3rd
Hours earlier, in the dawn of early morning, Rocket made her way to Chop's home. Running at full speed she stops just as she reached the door and, with great restrain, she gently knocks on the door. The door creaked open in response and Rocket stepped back, she looked at the hinges worried that she had broken the door. Satisfied that she did not break the door, she continues inside, "Chops?" She quietly shuffled into the home and was greeted by the sound of silence, the house was dark and everything was packed into cardboard boxes.
She approached the boxes and as she did her eyes caught in the corner of her eye, a piece of paper on a box. On it, typed out, was a single message:

To my adoring public and close companions,
                                         I greatly apologize that I cannot tell you this in person however I am in quite the rush. I have finally been accepted to the High society of Hogs International. I'm in such a rush that I might leave behind a few items feel free to take them, I will not be needing them. I am currently traveling back-and-forth a lot so you might not see me during the packing process.
Signed lovingly,
Chops

                                             Rocket felt ill. None of this seemed right, she grabbed the note and ran to Resident Services. It was early in the morning, Tom and Isabelle just got to work when Rocket burst in shouting, "Chops! Chops is missing?!" Tom spit out his tea. While Isabelle jumped up, "What?! Chops is missing?!" Rocket then explained everything and Tom collected the note. While Isabelle was reassuring Rocket, Tom crushed the note. After years of dealing with Red and a bunch of other sleazy people, he knew that this was fake. Chops was missing for sure.
                                            This was terrible, this was supposed to be a safe place for residence and now a resident has gone missing. Panicking, he calmly told Rocket to not spread the news and to be calm about this, but she refused, "I'm gonna ask around to see if anyone else knows about him leaving maybe he told someone last night." Tom did not know how to explain that by doing this you'd be alerting the culprit that they are onto them. So would hesitation, he allowed her to leave. He turned to Isabelle, telling her in the next 30 minutes to make an announcement for everyone to stay inside so he can properly investigate.