Chapter 35

"Right, Redbot, the threat's gonna pull her weight now, cause she's pissed at you." I leaped at Vision, throwing him into a pile of scrap metal which were cars a few moments ago, pressing down on his forehead, grinding it against the concrete floor, my sword pinned on the stone on his forehead so he couldn't fry me alive with one of his beams. Behind me, I heard Steve yell my name. 

"Katyusha, we need to leave." Steve urged. "Before it's too late."

"Correction, Frisbee Boy." I let Pluto out with a wave of my free hand, he charged at Spiderboy who was now tying Sam into a cocoon. Sam grunted and struggled out of the webs, looking disgruntled as Spiderboy jumped up onto the wings of an aeroplane, not wanting to get bitten or scratched. "You and Bucky need to go, I'm going on holiday."

"She's right." Clint said, "the final showdown isn't here. In order to win, some of us needs to stay. 

"We need a distraction." Steve muttered. 

"I have one." I mused.

"So do I." Scott volunteered. "I mean, I tried it once before, nearly tore myself in half but..."

"How about n..." Sam was interrupted by Rhodes, who tackled him in the sky, the two disappeared into some rubble, Sam gave a pained grunt. "Gimme better armour and I can do all day." 

Clint pulled out a few of his arrows, taking aim at two sleek black figures, T'Challa and Ilya, the former was leaping at Bucky, the latter backing him up. The explosion sent them tumbling apart. "We could use that distraction." 

"Scott, do it." Steve decided. "Katyusha, have you got Vision?"

Just as I was about to reply, Redbot threw me off him, lifting to the skies. 

"Nearly." I cursed in my head. "Going after him now, but I could use some wings."

"Wings coming." Sam struggled up from under Rhodes, picked me into the sky, throwing me at Vision, knocking him out of the sky. I pinned him to the floor, wrestling for control, my sword pinned on his cheek. 

He punched upwards and I hissed, sure that he gave me a bruise.

Behind us, Rhodes, Spiderboy and Tony were rallying an attack on Scott, who had became Ultraman sized. I grimaced. "Wow, this is bad."

"Way to go, Tic-tac." Sam whooped, kicking Tony away before he could blast at the giant man. 

Suddenly, Vision struggled violently under me, firing a beam which toppled a nearby control tower. I turned to look, seeing T'Challa sliding just in time under the toppling tower, sealing him, Steve, Bucky, and who know who else inside the aircraft storage units. I grunted, slapping his head back to the ground. "Seriously, Redbot?"

Behind me, Scott gave a grunt as he crumpled to the floor, shrinking into his normal size. "Ouch, does anyone has an orange slice?"

"I'm fresh out." I muttered. "Surprisingly."

Behind me, the rumbles of an aircraft was heard, and a familiar jet rose from the sky. In the storage units behind me, came an enraged half shout half roar. 

"Time to leave, boys." I whistled to Clint, Sam and Scott. 

"You go first, kid." Clint wiggled a brow. "We need to sort out something here before we leave."

Diana melted back into herself and I climbed onto her back. "You guys sure? It seems like a now or never scenario."

"Yeah, go kick ass." Sam pointed at Tony and Rhodes, who hasn't given up their pursuits yet. "I'll go chase those guys off."

With a final wave of my hand, Diana turned and started galloping away, Pluto at her heels, yapping excitedly. 

I literally just settled down into one of my old safehouses when my phone buzzed. It was Ilya. 

Rhodey got hit by Vision, he's in A&E. Not sure he's gonna make it...

I frowned, sitting down on the sofa, my brows furrowed. 

Jupiter just came back , do you need me to get you out of there?

Steve had told me about her helping him and Bucky getting their escape, there was not a doubt that Ross would want her head for it. 

One minute... No reply

Two minutes... No reply

Two minutes and thirty six seconds...

"Jupiter," I called, and a coo answered from the window, the metallic falcon poked his head in, his blue eye staring at me. "We're picking Ilya up."

Then her message pinged through. 

Stay where you are, I'm trying to get them off my tail. 

Another message came through, a different one, this time sent by Pietro. 

Thanks for getting us out of there... 

We are still mad at you though, and Wanda wants an explanation next time we see you.

I smiled. 

It will be soon.

Call me if you need anything

Yeah, you too...

Just then, Ilya replied. 

Ross is on my tail, I'll contact you when I get out.

Any idea where that would be?

I'll get you back

I huffed, squinting unhappily at the message, poking at the screen. "I could have helped."

Jupiter cooed again, clamping his beak together and turned his head, as if trying not to laugh at me.

"As if you don't have a crush on Diana." I bit back. "How does it work anyways, you guys are biologically incompatible."

I was walloped over the head with a metal claw, carefully sheathed. "Ow...."

Diana chuffed slightly, her eyes squinted in both pleasure and warning.

"Right, right." I raised my hand. "I'll leave your boyfriend alone, jeez."

Pluto, on the other hand, was spinning circles, trying to bite at his tail, he crashed into a cupboard, dizzy, looking up at the three of us, who all jumped at the crash, turning to look at him. He cocked his head, then returned to chasing his tail. 

Diana rolled her eyes, jumping out the window and settled next to Jupiter, who bent down and put his head on Diana's back. The both of them look to Pluto, then me.

"To my defense." I raised a brow, pointing at the family dog. "I'm not as dumb as him."