Affection (Mini Chapter)

Fir watched from the window as the sun rose up and filled the sky with its light. She hadn't really been able to sleep that night, watching over Nikita and thinking of the information she'd gained from their talk. She felt Nikita stir in her arms and looked down, finding her to be awake. "Good Morning," she whispered. Nikita returned the greeting sleepily and curled up against Fir. "I don't want to get up yet..." Nikita said. "Then we don't have to, Deanna usually comes about 7:00am," Fir replied. Nikita looked happy about that and gave a soft nod. Fir kissed her brow and stroked Nikita's hair, gently untangling any knots. Waking up next to this dragon was a great way to start the day.
Nikita stayed cuddled with Fir until around 6:45am, when they both got up to project the image of servant and royal. Deanna came in at exactly 7am and the day started. Routines were done, servants cleaned, Deanna nursed, Nikita attended. Whenever they could, the princess and her lover would slip away to steal affection, and at the end of the day they again gave the image of going separate ways before ultimately reconciling and spending their night together. The day had been peaceful, as if it were the calm before a storm...

{I have an explanation! First of all, I had to go on hiatus to help out a friend who was going through a rough patch and after that I was really worried and had to also take care of myself, secondly I got all my tech taken away and just recently got the bare minimum of a phone back. I've taken up drawing again to occupy myself in my free time and I actually drew Nikita. Idk if anyone would want to see it and it's certainly not a masterpiece, but it's better than what I used to be draw like. For real update tomorrow while I'm on the plane for a holiday!}