- 13 -

YOU'RE GONNA NEED TO DO MORE TO TAKE ME DOWN! — CHAPTER #13 — BEHOLD THE ONE AND ONLY, (L/N) (Y/N)!

"(Y/N)!!! (Y/N)!! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Zenitsu's voice echoed with concern. He had regained consciousness a few minutes ago, only to realize that you were nowhere to be found. The kakushi had attended to his injuries, along with Ozaki and the numerous other wounded individuals, but his focus remained on your whereabouts. He vividly remembered Shinobu administering something to you and assuring him that you would be fine. However, he couldn't help but feel uneasy. Where could you have gone?

"Ozaki... OZAKI! WAKE UP!" Zenitsu called out to his companion, shaking her gently.

"Ngh...? Is it morning already?" Ozaki mumbled groggily, still in a sleepy state.

"No, but listen to me. Have you seen (Y/N)?"

"(Y/N)...? Miss Shinobu took care of her already. Did you forget?"

"No! I know that! I mean, have you seen her at this moment?"

"How would I know? I was asleep." Ozaki replied, slightly irritated at being roused from her slumber.

"Agh! This is useless!" Zenitsu tugged at his hair in frustration.

"What's wrong?" She asked, now fully awake.

"I woke up a few minutes ago, and (Y/N) is nowhere to be found! I asked some of the kakushi, and they haven't seen her either! What if she was abducted?!"

"First of all, calm down. There's no way she was kidnapped. She's probably fine. There are plenty of people around, and we have demon slayers here." Ozaki reassured him, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Really? Where?!" Zenitsu's eyes darted around, searching for any sign of the demon slayers.

"There." Ozaki pointed to her left, where a young girl with a low ponytail and a butterfly accessory in her hair stood.

"Why does she look like Shinobu?"

"I don't know. They might be related somehow, but that's not important right now. Don't worry about (Y/N)! You're getting me nervous too!"

"I-I'm sorry, Ozaki! You're right..." Zenitsu sighed, realizing that his anxiety was getting the better of him. He decided to calm down and observe his surroundings, hoping to catch a glimpse of you or any clue to your whereabouts. Meanwhile, Ozaki settled back into a slumber, still fatigued from the recent events.

——————————————————

...

The pain was excruciating as Tanjiro lay on the floor, his body battered and broken from the intense battle with Rui. His vision blurred, and every movement sent waves of agony coursing through his body. He knew he was running out of time, his life slipping away with each passing moment.

'Don't panic! Don't let it disrupt your breathing! Calm down... if you can calm down!' Tanjiro tried to muster the strength to move, to fight against the impending darkness that threatened to consume him. But his body refused to respond, paralyzed by the severity of his injuries. 'I can't even raise my arm... My arm!' Tanjiro's mind raced, realizing the gravity of his situation. The slashes from Rui's threads continued to ravage his body, adding to his torment. It seemed like his time was running out, and he was filled with a desperate sense of helplessness. But just as despair threatened to overtake him, a glimmer of hope appeared. Someone had arrived on the scene, their presence cutting through the suffocating atmosphere of despair. Was it Zenitsu? Could it be... (Y/N)?