- 20 -

UNEXPECTED PERSON? — CHAPTER #20 — DON'T BE NERVOUS CAUSE' YOU SEE ME SWEATY!

—————————————————
Little note:

—————————————————Little note:

—————————————————

One day after your sweet and emotional moment with Shinobu, she informed you that she had found someone who could assist you with your special training. Eager and filled with anticipation, you now waited outside for this mysterious individual to arrive. According to her, this person would focus on training your body and guiding you in the art of swordsmanship. Furthermore, they would help you in your quest to find a suitable breathing style, an essential aspect of becoming a skilled warrior in this world. As you stood there, a mix of excitement and nervousness filled your being, wondering who this special person was.

'GOD! I WANT TO SEE WHO WILL TRAIN ME! IS IT SOMEONE I KNOW!? IS IT A NEW CHARACTER! I'M SO EXCITED, I CAN BARELY STOP MOVING!' You thought as you were going around circles, too busy with the thoughts on your head that you didn't notice the presence of someone else being near you.

"Yoo-hoo! (Y/N)!" As you heard Shinobu's voice, you spun around with great excitement, unable to contain your anticipation any longer. However, surprise washed over you as you laid eyes on the person who would be your trainer.

...

"...Tomioka Giyuu. Um... nice working with you..." He uttered, his voice stiff and devoid of eye contact. On the other hand, you couldn't have been happier, radiating with joy.

"He will train you! I hope it doesn't bother you or anything! He was the only one available! Mitsuri, the pink-haired one you saw at the meeting, was eager to do it! Unfortunately, she was too busy. I hope you two get along! I have to get going. Goodbye!" Shinobu flashed you a warm smile and departed, leaving you alone with Tomioka.

"..."

"..."

The silence between you two grew uncomfortably loud, the awkwardness lingering in the air. But the reasons for the silence were completely different for each of you.

'...I didn't know SHE was the one I had to train... She must be disappointed since she hates me so much... Is it too late to back out now? But that would be rude... Why did I agree to this...? If I knew it was her, I wouldn't have agreed in the first place...' Tomioka silently agonized, wearing a visibly uncomfortable expression. But don't misunderstand, he doesn't hate you. He's convinced that YOU hate him. After the encounter with you at the master's house, he was convinced that you wanted him dead. No one had ever spoken to him like that, not even Obanai. It left him feeling terrible, spending the entire night questioning what he had done wrong. He doesn't want to be a bother to you, convinced that you resent his presence. '...She's probably cursing me in her head right now for being stuck with me... What should I do? I don't want to make her angry...' He cast a sidelong glance, deliberately avoiding your presence while lost in his thoughts.