- 23 -

RIGOROUS TRAINING WITH TWO HASHIRAS — CHAPTER #23 — I'LL TRAIN HARD!

"And so, I've become stronger and finally obtained my Nichirin sword! It's so badass!" You excitedly recounted your journey as a demon slayer to Giyuu during your training session. Sweat trickled down your forehead as you caught your breath. "You wouldn't believe the color I got! It's very cool!"

Giyuu tilted his head. "...Cool? Is it that weird?"

You grinned, relishing in the anticipation. "Well, I wouldn't say it's weird, but it's definitely not something you see every day! It's unique!"

Intrigued, Giyuu gave it a shot. "Can I have a guess?"

"Sure! Go ahead and try guessing the color!"

Giyuu pondered for a moment before throwing out his first guess. "Is it... white?"

You shook your head, a playful smile on your face. "Nope! Guess again!"

He frowned, attempting another guess. "Red?"

You chuckled, shaking your head once more. "Not even close!"

Giyuu deadpanned. "...Rainbow...?"

You burst into laughter, unable to contain yourself. "No way! Hahaha, you're not even close! But good effort!"

He sighed. "Just give it to me."

Handing over the sword, still encased in its protective sheath, you eagerly watched as Giyuu inspected it with a keen eye. He examined the intricate design and craftsmanship before slowly drawing out the blade. As his gaze fell upon the transparent crystal sword, his breath caught in his throat. Never before had he seen a sword like this—completely transparent—almost ethereal in its appearance. It left him awe-struck.

"Cool, right?" You asked, anticipation bubbling within you.

Giyuu nodded. "It's very impressive. I've never witnessed this color before." He carefully returned the sword to your awaiting hands. "Have you thought about which breathing style you want to pursue?"

You scratched your head, a touch of uncertainty in your voice. "Honestly, I haven't decided yet. It's a tough choice."

He deadpanned at your words. "After all this time, you still haven't made a decision?"

You shrugged, a hint of frustration evident. "It's not easy, you know! There are so many options to consider, and I want to choose the one that suits me best. Don't blame me for being indecisive!"

"...I'm not blaming you. Take your time. It's an important decision." Lost in his own thoughts, Giyuu couldn't help but wonder about the significance of the sword's unique color. Did it have a direct connection to a particular breathing style? Or was it a reflection of your individuality as a demon slayer? The questions swirled in his mind, leaving him silent and contemplative.

...

"Tomioka! Are you here? Hello?" Your voice broke through his musings, jolting him back to reality.