- 18 -

TRAINING TIME! — CHAPTER #18 — A STABLE MIND MEANS A STABLE BODY! YOU MUST DO YOUR BEST (Y/N)!

Two weeks had passed, and everyone was getting better. You had already regained your normal size, but you were still waiting for your turn to start the rehabilitation training. Today, everyone else had begun, and you were left alone in the room.

As you lay in bed, gazing up at the ceiling, you felt a sense of solitude. The three girls, along with the boys, Kanao, and Aoi, were all out training. The place seemed empty without them. The only companion you had was Chuntarou, who rested on your head. Letting out a sigh, you gently picked up the sparrow, seeking a bit of comfort in its presence.

"Hello, Chuntarou! You cute as always!"

"Chu chuchu! Chu chu!"

"Haha, no problem! Me bored..."

"Chu chu?"

"Yeah, really..."

'Holy shit, wait! I could use this time to study my Japanese!! How can I be so fucking stupid!'

You gave Chuntarou a gentle peck on the head, showing your affection for the little sparrow, before reaching out to grab your book from the table.

Chuntarou perched on your shoulder as you studied, providing a comforting presence. It was important for you to absorb as much knowledge as possible. Your grasp of Japanese was already decent, allowing you to understand most of what you heard. However, there were still some areas where you struggled or lacked confidence. Whenever you felt nervous, it seemed like your Japanese skills vanished, leaving you feeling uncertain. Verb conjugations and unfamiliar words posed challenges that you needed to overcome through dedicated effort.

Lost in your reading, you suddenly heard the door open. You turned your head and saw that it was Shinobu, entering the room.

"Ah- Koucho!! Hello!!" You always gets happy whenever Shinobu is around you.

"Good morning, (Y/N)! How are you doing?"

"Good!! I'm happy!!"

"Oh? Can I know why's that?"

You blushed and couldn't help but fidget nervously. Looking at Shinobu, you stammered shyly:

"Cause'... You're here!! You make me happy!"

Shinobu's expression turned dumbfounded as she processed your words.

'She's happy because I came? Huh...' Shinobu found herself quite surprised by your response. It was a sentiment that she had rarely heard, apart from her sister Kanae.

Caught off guard, Shinobu struggled to find a suitable reply. Blushing faintly, she managed to utter a simple, "Oh..."

Realizing that it was pointless to dwell on her initial reaction, she let out a sigh and composed herself.

"It was nice to see you. I hope your training goes well tomorrow!"

"Thank you!"

"Oh! Before I forget..."

"Mhm?"

"You may call me Shinobu. There's no need to act so formal."

"Eh? Really?"

"Yes. I already call you by your name. It seems pretty fair." She smiled sweetly at you.

"Mhm, well, okay!"