- 21 -

TRAINING HARD — CHAPTER #21 — SLEEPOVER TIME!

Now it was Zenitsu and Inosuke's time to shine. They pushed themselves to the limit, displaying incredible strength, speed, and endurance. It was truly awe-inspiring to witness them running, lifting rocks, and engaging in rigorous exercises. While Tanjiro enthusiastically cheered on them, you found yourself engaged in a less exhilarating activity—push-up—It wasn't your favorite exercise, but you knew the importance of building your strength.

Amidst the hustle and bustle, Shinobu called out to Kanao, suggesting that she join the training session since they were in the same class. However, Kanao didn't respond with words. Instead, she simply bowed in acknowledgement and walked away to observe someone from a distance. That someone was none other than you. Kanao stood there, silently watching you perform push-ups, her thoughts running wild in her mind.

'What is (Y/N) to me?' Kanao pondered, a sense of confusion washing over her. 'Why do I feel this strange, indescribable sensation whenever I'm around her? And why does she have such a profound influence on my decisions, making me hesitate to rely on my coin?' Suddenly, a cherished memory of her dear sister, Kanae, resurfaced, her words echoing in her mind.

"As long as it's given a chance, a person's soul will open up, so don't worry. When you fall in love with some boy someday, you'll change too."

The memory stirred something deep within Kanao, causing her to question her own feelings. 'Do I... do I love her?' She mused, her heart in turmoil. 'But she's not even a boy... maybe I'm just confused. Perhaps it's one of the trio over there that I like.' She shifted her gaze towards the Kamaboko squad, but a slight twitch in her left eye betrayed her true emotions. '...no. Definitely no. It's not them.'

——————————————————

"So, Master Tomioka!"

"...You don't have to call me that."

"But I find it fun!"

"..." Tomioka and you were finally having your first official training session together. The previous attempt at training was interrupted by a food detour, where you treated him to a meal as an apology for the earlier incident. While Shinobu scolded both of you, she directed most of her scolding towards Tomioka, as he was the one in charge. Did you feel sorry for him? Yes. But at the same time, you didn't regret it because when you saw him smile ever so slightly while enjoying his favorite dish, simmered salmon with daikon, it made it all worthwhile, even if it was barely noticeable.

But let's get back to the present. "So! What are we going to do today?"

"Mhm..." Tomioka pondered, tilting his head slightly—an endearing habit he seemed to have whenever he was around you— "We could start by measuring your strength. After all, it takes incredible power to decapitate a lower moon with a frying pan. So, let's begin there..."

"Ohhh! And how are we going to measure my strength?"

"Are you willing to spar with me?"

"SHIT! HELL YEAH! I WANT TO!" You beamed with enthusiasm, but Tomioka's expression turned troubled.

'But fighting with a girl... doesn't that make me a jerk?' Despite acknowledging your strength, Tomioka believed in treating girls with utmost respect and gentleness, as his sister had taught him. "Uh, you know what? Nevermind."