- 44 -

IS THE PLOT EVEN SERIOUS AT THIS POINT?! — CHAPTER #44 — DICK, DICK, DICK!

————————————————————
Little note:
I think this is the most dumbest chapter I've ever written.
————————————————————

Just as Gyutaro narrowly avoided getting his head sliced off, he managed to evade the attack by mere centimeters, but it still resulted in a deep gash on his neck. Uzui swiftly retracted his sword and struck a flashy pose, scoffing at the missed opportunity to finish off the upper moon six. "Fuck, I botched the chance to finish off this one!"

Daki groaned, holding her head in her hands, still feeling the pain from Uzui's previous beheading. "You beheaded me again! Dammit! What is wrong with you?! Damn you— huh?" Her complaints halted as she noticed something amiss. Her eyes widened in surprise as she tilted her head to get a better look, realizing that her braid had come undone, most likely due to Uzui's relentless attacks. She gasped audibly, her voice filled with disbelief. "M-My braid..." She muttered with a hint of sadness.

Gyutaro looked at her in mild astonishment. Was she really so worried about her braid? Her head had been literally severed twice now, and yet, she was concerned about her hairstyle.

Daki's lips trembled, and she touched her hair gently. Her eyes filled with tears as she bit her lip in sadness. "HOW DARE YOU!? OUT OF EVERYTHING YOU COULD'VE DONE, YOU HAD TO DO THIS! AHHHHH!" She cried out in annoyance, her emotions running high.

'Damn, it's just a simple braid. Why is she making such a big deal about it?' Gyutaro couldn't help but scoff at his sister's behavior, finding her childish attachment to the hairstyle somewhat irritating. However, a part of him felt a twinge of guilt, knowing that even though she was being dramatic, she was still the sister he cared for deeply.

Unknown to Gyutaro, the reason behind Daki's strong attachment to the braid was that it was likely the only tangible reminder she had of you. The fight with Tanjiro had caused destruction, including the Kyogoku house where the flowers you gave her were kept. With no other physical connection to you, the braid held significant sentimental value for her, despite its simplicity.

Gyutaro sighed, breaking his thoughts. "You made her cry but let's forget that for a second... you're onto us, aren't you?" He accused Uzui with a hint of irritation. The man only smirked in response. "Not that finding out about us will do you any good. Since you're going to die a slow and steady death, anyway! Even as we speak, we're creeping toward victory, aren't we?"

As the tension grew, three unexpected figures made their presence known by crashing through a big hole in the house. It was none other than you, Zenitsu, and Inosuke. "HAHA, I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THAT, SPIDER LOOKING ASS BITCH! BETTER NOT FORGET ME! NOT ONLY YOURS TRULY, LORD INOSUKE, BUT MY MINIONS ARE HERE AS WELL!" Inosuke proclaimed with excitement and confidence.

"Zzz..." Zenitsu stood there silently, still in a deep slumber.

"..." You, on the other hand, couldn't hide your nervousness. Despite your efforts to appear tough, the gravity of the situation weighed heavily on you. The real battle was about to begin, and the danger felt more palpable than ever. 'SHIT!Tonight is the day I die for real! AIN'T NO WAY IM SURVIVING THIS ONE! I ALMOST DIED AT THE MUGEN TRAIN ARC!' You thought anxiously, sweat forming in your forehead.

...

"Fuck, you two are the worst minions ever." Inosuke grumbled, unimpressed by your and Zenitsu's lack of coolness at the moment.

"(Y/N)..." Daki muttered softly, catching your attention. Though you lacked the demon slayer uniform, she had no doubt about your identity. You were a demon slayer. A part of her felt relieved that you seemed to be alright, but another part was distressed by the circumstances surrounding your presence. She didn't want you to see her in this state, but it was too late now. She sighed, grappling with her emotions and unsure about what to do next.