Chapter 14

After a couple of days, I recovered from my flu and was ready to travel to Spain for the next race. While I was sick, Toto cared for me and ensured that I was keeping myself fed and hydrated. He was tentative and showed me just how much he cared for me.

I packed extra in my bag as Toto invited me along to the UK with him between Spain this weekend and the next race in Monaco. He had some important things he needed to work on at the factory there and had worked on convincing me to join him in that period.

The trip to Spain was quick and easy. We settled into our rooms, Jack having his first experience in his own room while we were away. He was excited as we set him up in there. Toto did some work while I called my mum and had a conversation with her quickly on the phone. Night rolled around quickly and we were asleep before we knew it.

Jack and I went out sight seeing the next day, opting to give the two practice sessions a miss. We walked through the streets of Barcelona, enjoying the incredible architecture. We visited a lot of different buildings and took in the incredible views.

Both Lewis and Valterri performed well in the FP1 and FP2 with both finishing in the top 3 in the two sessions. Jack and I went back to our rooms and watched some TV before falling asleep. Toto didn't get in until much later.

The next day was FP3 and qualifying. Jack followed Lewis around all day, not really understanding that Lewis may need some time to focus and get his mind ready for the car. Nevertheless, Lewis didn't say a thing and allowed his little buddy to be right there.

FP3 went well with Lewis getting P2 and Bottas getting P5. With Max getting P1, we knew it would be on for qualifying. Lewis went out on his first lap in Q3 and set the fastest lap, and it was not broken by any drivers, meaning he scored his 100th pole position. Max ended up in P2 with Bottas in P3. It was a good set up for the race and the team was very excited for the next day.

Jack and I went back to the rooms and played some games together. Jack was beginning to get sleepy and hungry so we ordered some room service, got him ready for bed and put him down for the night. He was asleep within an instant of his head hitting the pillow so I took the time to take a nice long shower and get ready for bed.

Just as I am clambering under the bedsheets, Toto walks in. His sleeves were rolled, although now they were slightly more messy than they were this morning. His pants were still perfectly hung on his hips and I smiled as he walked towards me. "You look incredible."

"Oh schatzi, you are too sweet." He replies as he leans down and gives me a gentle kiss. "You on the other hand... you look delectable." I roll my eyes as he kisses me again, this time more passionately. "I am going to get ready for bed. I have had a very long day and I need to sleep."

He walks off and goes to the bathroom, leaving me on the bed. I play on my phone for a while, appreciating the time to scroll through social media and reply to a couple of messages that had accumulated through the day. Toto walks out and quickly rolls into bed. He kisses my temple as he pulls me close and drifts off to sleep with me.

The next morning, Toto left early to go to the track to get the team prepared for the day. I laid in bed until Jack joined me and then we got ready for the day. Once ready, we went and hung out in the Mercedes motorhome for a while. There wasn't much we could do in the garage apart from sit and wait for the race. On the contrary, Jack could play with other kids and I could chat with other people as the hung out in the motorhome.

Closer to the race, I gather Jack and get him ready to be able to watch the race. He puts on his Lewis Hamilton cap and we walk out together to head to the garage. Jack is walking excitedly, jumping at the opportunity to be back trackside again.