Chapter 15

Straight after everything was finished in Spain, we made the short flight to London. We were going to be staying at Toto's house which is only 10 minutes from the factory. It was a beautiful home perfectly decorated. I had been here a few times before for trips with Susie and I loved it.

Toto had spent a couple of days in the office while I tried to enjoy whatever the weather threw at me. Jack was with us and we had plenty of fun driving around on his motorbike in the backyard. Toto had the day off and was taking us both into London to look around the city.

We pulled up outside an unfamiliar house and I look over at Toto as he shrugs his shoulders. "Quick detour. Come on Jack." He helps Jack out of his seat and walks up to the door. A quick knock and five seconds later the door swings open to reveal Lewis standing there, Roscoe at foot. Toto and Lewis shake hands and Jack runs inside with Roscoe is pursuit.

Toto and Lewis stay at the door discussing something before Lewis points to me in the car. Toto nods and walks back over to the Mercedes parked on the side of the road. "It is just you and me today maus." He remarks when he notices my confused look.

"Well aren't you the romantic Wolff." I tease and he reaches over and grabs my hand. He brings it up and plants a kiss on the back, his lips lingering a little before he drops it back down and rests it on his thigh. He looks over at me with a smirk, something that always ignited me with unexplainable feelings.

"I try my best schatzi. For everything you are and everything you do, even the moon wouldn't suffice, but I will do my best for you." I squeeze his hand as he finishes his spiel and turn to look out the window. He is driving through London now and I begin to recognise some of the sights. "We will sleep at Lewis' place tonight so we don't need to rush back."

He parks the car and undoes his seatbelt before getting out and walking to my side of the car. By the time I gather my bag and jacket, Toto has the door open for me to get out and I smile at the chivalrous action. "Thank you Toto." I comment before he wraps an arm around my shoulder and walks me down the sidewalk.

We were standing out the front of Buckingham Palace as he leads us closer to the gates. We admire the enormous building, his arm still wrapped over my shoulder. "So many rooms in there to christen." He jokes and I immediately laugh and elbow his side at the crude comment. This was the Toto that I enjoyed being around the most. The one who made jokes and was comfortable in my presence.

After some more time there, we headed in the direction of Big Ben, wanting to see the infamous tower up close. We looked at it for a few moments, Toto cracking some more jokes all about the tower before we began to move off.

We walked across the Westminster Bridge and headed in the direction of the  London Eye. It wasn't a long walk and we were just enjoying being able to share a moment like this together. Of course we were careful as to not draw to much attention to ourselves but we certainly weren't distancing ourselves from being able to enjoy this time.

"For the French race, Susie's parents want to have Jack for the weekend. It is difficult to travel with him as well." I had no idea where he was going with this train of thought. I looked up at him as he faced forwards, expertly navigating us through the busy London streets.

I then faced forwards again, reaching my own hand up to grab his as it hung on my shoulders. I shrugged my shoulders, hoping that Toto would continue his explanation but the silence lingered, forcing my to break it. "Yeah understandable. I am sure he will be excited to see him grandparents."

It was his turn to look down at me this time. He had stopped walking and was looking down at me as if the next question was really making him nervous. "Will you come with me? To France anyway?" He was soft spoken and timid, something that I hadn't witnessed much of when it came to him. It was a stark contrast of the person I had been around only moments prior.