Chapter 16

Flying back to Monaco, I organised a catch up with the girls on the Saturday of the Grand Prix. We decided to hang by the pool for the day and watch the qualifying from the comfort of the cooler waters. Jack was staying with some family for a couple of days over the weekend which gave me a bit of rein to have some fun with my new friends and enjoy myself.

All laying by, or on the pool, we were having a blast splashing in the water and chatting amongst ourselves about anything and everything. I was really grateful to have been able to meet these people. I was even more relieved that I fit in so well to the group and got along with everyone as well as I did.

Chloe was telling us a story about her and Lance when they were growing up and it had the whole group in stitches. A lull in the conversation and an emptiness in the glasses saw Carmen and I getting up and offering to get some drinks for everyone.

Approaching the bar, Carmen looks straight ahead. "What is with you and Toto?" She asks, but never diverts her eyes from facing forward. It was like if she looked at me she wouldn't be able to proceed with the conversation and let it go. "Ive seen the way he looks at you." She continues, letting me know why she even brought this up in the first place.

I didn't feel as though I needed to hide anything from her. Even though we hardly knew each other, I trusted her and felt as though she wouldn't share anything I didn't want her to. "I guess we are dating." I comment, and it was the first time I had actually admitted it out loud to anyone. I never had to with Lewis because he just knew. "He hasn't explicitly asked the question but he is telling his older kids tomorrow."

She nods her head and smiles a genuinely sweet grin. She looks at me for the first time since she brought the conversation up. Grabbing my hands, she looks around and lowers her voice."Does he treat you well?"

"Better than I have ever been treated." I didn't hesitate to answer. She pulls me in for a hug.   "Can you maybe keep this between us for now? I don't want everyone knowing and spreading the news." I say into the hug, hoping to solidify the fact that she wouldn't tell anyone until we were ready.

"Of course girl." She says, crossing her hand over her heart in the promise that she wouldn't. I smiled before the bartender placed the finished drinks down in front of us. "As long as I am invited to your wedding."

I chuckle at her response, slapping her shoulder before we pick up the drinks and take them back to the rest of our friends sitting over by the pool. "Easy tiger, we are a fair way off of that yet." I remark, causing her to laugh.

When we get back, qualifying is about to start so we all sit around on the sun beds and watch the screens. Cheering for our respective teams and partners, accompanied by some friendly banter, we all watched on.

Charles was flying and ended up finishing on pole position. Max was going to be starting second on the grid with Bottas in third. After a difficult qualifying session, Lewis was in seventh and would have to have a lot of luck to win or even get a podium from that position. Lance had a decent session and finished thirteen with George in fifteenth.

After a quick moment to take in the finish of qualifying, we immediately revived the conversation and between more margaritas and sunburn, we spent the rest of the afternoon by the pool having a blast.

Slinking into the hotel room later that evening, Toto was already asleep and after a quick shower, I joined him in the bed, gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and drifted off into the much needed slumber that was going to encompass me.

The next day, Toto and I woke up and had a quick breakfast before going down to the track. I knew that Benedict and Rosa would be there and I was getting more and more nervous to see them. I had spent plenty of time with them in the past but I knew Toto wanted to broach the subject that we were dating.