Two weeks

SFW
∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘∘

Your phone rang as you were about to get in bed. You picked up. You had your own line and only a few people had the number. You were positive it was Eddie. "Hey, baby," you sang sweetly as you picked up the phone. "Umm-it's—uh, this is—this is Eddie's Uncle, Wayne." The voice was distinctly not Eddie's. You blushed brightly. "I'm so sorry, Wayne," you started to apologize.

"No, that's alright. I had something to ask you," he said. You sat down at the edge of your bed. "What's that?" "I have to leave town for two weeks tomorrow, and I can't take Eddie with me," Wayne said. "And Eddie..." He paused for a bit. "I just want someone to make sure he doesn't burn down the trailer or starve to death." You held back a laugh. "I'll take care of him," you told him. "Don't worry." "Don't tell him I asked you. I don't want him thinking I don't trust him. I just worry," Wayne requested.

"Of course," you agreed. "Thanks, y/n," Wayne said. You thought he was about to say goodbye but he paused for another moment. "He'd be lost without you." Before you could reply, Wayne said a short goodbye and hung up. The next morning you called Eddie, worrying that he wouldn't even be able to get through breakfast on his own. "Hello?" Eddie's voice came through the phone. "Hey, baby," you said, sure this time that you were speaking to the right person. Eddie's voice perked up immediately. "Good morning, angel," he called. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" You laughed into the phone and Eddie grinned sitting in his trailer upon hearing the sound. He loved making you laugh more than anything in the world, and even through the crackling audio of the phone his heart filled with warmth when he heard your lighthearted giggle.

"What are you doing today?" You asked. "I don't know, what are we doing?" He asked. "Could I come over? Just want to be with you," you said. You were glad to have the excuse to spend more time with him. "Of course, baby," Eddie said. "My uncle's out of town for two weeks. You could stay with me," he offered. "You want me to stay for two weeks?" You asked nervously. You'd crashed at each other's places after Eddie's shows or late night movie marathons. You hadn't ever planned to stay over before though. You were a little surprised. You had intended to take care of him, but you didn't think he'd want you to sleep there, not more than once or twice at least.

"Yeah, I mean otherwise I'll be all alone," Eddie said. "It'll be nice. Sort of like practice for when we live together." Your heart leapt in your chest and you grinned unbeknownst to Eddie. "Okay, Eds," you agreed. "You should pack a bag. I can pick you up in an hour," he told you.

"That sounds good," you said with a smile. "We could go grocery shopping later," you suggested. "I'll cook for you while I'm staying." Eddie blushed on the other end of the phone. "You'd do that for me?" He asked, his voice soft as silk. "You think I want to eat your cooking?" You joked. Eddie chuckled. "Fair point," he agreed. "I'll be over in an hour, sweetheart," he said.

"See you soon. I love you," you called. "I love you too, angel." When you heard the knock on your door you grabbed the small bag you had packed and bid your parents a goodbye. Eddie greeted you with a wide grin when you opened the door. "Hey, sweetheart," his voice was its normal mix of excitement and sweetness. "You ready?" "Mmhmm," you hummed. "I wanna cuddle when we get home," you said. "I missed you." Eddie's heart warmed when he heard you call his trailer home. It was your home, as long as you would allow it to be. He wanted to share your own home with you one day. You were his home in reality, but he wanted to give you a physical one. A house where he could start a life with you. A house where he could raise children with you. A house where he could grow old with you.

"It's been like 12 hours," Eddie said. He took your bag from your hand as you headed towards his van. He put your bag in the back of his van and then opened the passenger door. "Are you saying you didn't miss me?""Are you kidding? I missed you like crazy," Eddie said, kissing your cheek as you settled into the passenger seat. He closed the door and then jogged around the front of the car to climb into his own seat. He got the van into gear and then took your hand, intertwining his fingers with yours.