stay.

"miss, your arm hurts..and this must be a lot to take in right now don't you think?" yerim tries convincing.

"hey it's not big deal yeojin can stay in another room can't she? her arm is hurt like you said and she should rest" hye speaks up.

yerim looks at hyeju and shrugs.

"i mean you're not completely wrong..fine! yeojin you may stay until hyeju's discharge if you want" yerim smiles passing a pack of chips over to them.

yeojin immediately grabs the bag and digs right in, how hungry the both of them must be..

~

some time had passed and yerim was helping other patients and following doctor mingyu's orders.

yeojin had been sent off to another room to sleep and stay the night.

hyeju was staring up at the ceiling..

until she felt a pain in her abdomen.

"f-fuck..god damn it, i should've been more cautious.." hye mutters.

she has the choice to either page mingyu or yerim..or just keep her mouth shut about it.

of course she chooses not too page either of them.

"hey maybe it's because im eating this junk food!" she exclaims to herself.

so she simply tosses the food aside.

in yeojins room..

yerim knocked on the door to where yeojin was staying to check if she was awake or not.

"come in!"

"hey, i have hyeju's phone, i just think it's appropriate for you to keep watch of it until she can have it back" yerim hands it off to her.

"thank you..your a pretty good nurse to hye.." yeojin mutters the next part "maybe you could even be a good girlfriend to her"

"what was that? i don't think i heard the last part well" yerim asked.

"oh! nothing nothing, i'm gonna sleep now then..goodnight! if you doctors even sleep"

"we do..it's rare though, goodnight!"

"pft, she definitely heard me" yeojin scowled.

~

yerim had went to check on hyeju now,,

"finally you're backkkkk" hye groans. "i missed you and your annoying bright hair.."

oh just another of hye's flirting tactics.

"don't get used to it, you'll be leaving in a couple of days~" yerim giggles.

"atleast these days will go awfully slow..it feels like hell in here"

"also..those games that you said you had earlier..are they board games or some boring shit like that?"

"we have board games yes, but we also have gaming consoles!" yerim exclaims.

"at a hospital? okay..maybe i am starting to like this, you think you could grab me one?" hye starts to get excited.

yerim walks over to hye and lays the bed back.

"what i think you should do is sleep, it's late and you had a rough night, you can play first thing in the morning"

"no no i'm fine! sleep is for the weak anyways, i'm a gainer not a painer~"

yerim lays a finger over hyeju's mouth hushing her. "you sound like a dork..just get some rest, i care for my patients ya know!"

hye pokes yerim's finger with her tongue.

"HEY I TOLD YOU TO STOP DOING THAT"

"i'll go to sleep now~ i just had to do that.." hye winks before turning over and shutting her eyes.

yerim bends down to whisper in hyeju's ear "i'll get you back for that.."

she then gathered her stuff and walked out with a smile on her face.

there stood mingyu.

"yerim what'd i tell you about getting too close to patients, if you don't stop i'll have to step in and get her a new nurse"

"w-what? you can't do that! just because you had a mishap with a patient doesn't mean anything is gonna happen with me" yerim storms off.

mingyu shook his head "i'm just looking out for you" he said softly to himself.

choerry had ran off to an on call room holding in tears. she wasn't sure why she was so upset about mingyu's words..

choerry had kept a diary at the hospital, she usually wrote in it when something major happens such as deaths of patients, achievements, her paycheck, and..just people in general at the hospital who make her feel great.

mingyu was one of those people, until now.

she grabbed her diary and plopped onto the bottom bed of the bunk bed that's in the on call room.

she opened up the diary and flipped to an empty page.

and so she began,

"7/25/22"

"dear diary, where do i begin? today was definitely something new. we had many patients come in from a car accident, all of them from the same one. i'm currently taking care of this one patient, her name is hyeju..she was sort of the cause of this accident, she was drunk driving with her friend and a car came racing into the side of her car. fortunately she isn't terribly hurt or brain dead, neither is her friend. if i'm being honest i might even want too become friends with her once she is finally able to be discharged..but mingyu. god why mingyu..i thought we were close. he's telling me to stop being so friendly and nice to hyeju and act like her doctor, not a friend. which i think is just him taking out his past problems on me..but whatever. let's see what tomorrow brings me"

yerim had a sigh of relief and closed the diary setting it on her chest as she laid staring up at the ceiling.

then came mingyu barging in, which made yerim jump in shock.

"god!! do you know how to knock? i could've been naked for all you care.." yerim shouts.

"yerim, listen i'm sorry, its just i've never seen you get so close to any patient like that..i don't want you to go through what i had too with eunwoo, i watched him die right in front of me because i fucked up on the surgery.."

yerim got up from the bed and just embraced mingyu into a hug.

"i'm sorry mingyu..but hey! hyeju had no defects did she? she's okay it was nothing major thats gonna bring her into surgery..so it will be fine, we'll be fine"

"get some rest mingyu, you deserve it" yerim smiles.

"goodnight yerim"

end of chapter 3!