{ I'll always be there for you}

A/n: did I cry - yes ✨ this oneshot was requested by Paw-esome thank you for the request and I hope you enjoy!

Mk grinned as he sat on the edge of the cliff with sun wukong, his mentor. He felt sad the macaque had left them
He had hoped he would've stayed a while longer, but something bothered mk - maybe it was the fact that a raging battle had just been stopped. Or the fact their was a large wound across his torso. Either way, the monkey kid flinched at the touch of anyone. "Mk?" His friend may grinned sadly beside him, "are you all right? You have been quiet ever since macaque left," mk smiled at his worries friend and stood putting on a sorry show, trying to ignore his lazily bandages wounds.

Mei laughed and pointed over to sandy, " well were about to leave in a bit, last one there is monkey drool!"

Mk laughed running after Mei, but coming to a complete stop and grunting at the wound. He figured it would be better to just walk to the van, it didn't matter whether or not he was hurt, he didn't want to bother his friends with his problems when he has already caused so much trouble. He could deal with this on his own.

Time skip

The ride was sickening. He layed in one of the beds and stayed there the whole time - pretending to be sleep. When really he was in agony. He felt the blood drip from his shirt. This is bad really bad. The pain exhausted him, whimpers left him every time he tried to move. He wanted it to end.

When sandy had driven over - something it caused the crew to bounce up and crack back down. Mei was the first to make a sound l, laughing uncontrollably- the money king had been meditating the whole time - he stayed in a peaceful lotus position.

When mk hit the bed again he gasped, holding back sobs as he pleased in his brain for the pain to leave. Making promises that he would do better, he promised to no one that he would do better, he just wanted this to stop.

Another time skip ;^;

The monkey king had agreed to stay for a while, for the food of course. He felt uneasy around tang who kept asking him questions about Buddha.  Mk made sure no one was looking and shuffled to his apartment above the shop. "Hey mk! Mk?" The monkey desperately needed an escape from tang and the only thing he thought of left in a split second.

Upstairs mk sniffed, crying, sobbing begging for this pain to stop. He barely made it to his room before he collapsed. He scooted himself against his bed and kicked the door shut. He winced as his fingers delicately moved his shirt up to reveal the long hash across his torso. He almost started to break down at the sight. Feeling sick to his stomach. Mk gagged moving quickly to the bathroom to dry heave, nothing was in his stomach, but it still hurt to see. The wound and the dry heaving took away all his ability to actually stay awake. His feet moved awkwardly, his Shakey hand moved the door handle, but alas.he fainted before he could even open it. His body dropping to the floor, seeming lifeless.

Pigsy blinked suspiciously and lifted his head to the ceiling,"say, uh did ya hear that?" Tang shrugged going back to eating his noodles, but Mei looked suspicious also "yeah, I think it was mk - I'll go check on him," Mei shuffled out of her seat and made her way upstairs. She felt a spin chill when she heard how quiet it was up there. The lass brought her hands up to the door and knocked twice,"mk? Are you alright?"

No answer.

"Mk? I'm coming in ok?" Mei leaned towards the door and turned the knob. Only for it to stop. She looked thought the crack and screamed,"mk!" The rest of them rushed upstairs - when they arrived Mei was sobbing by the door holding a seemingly dead mk. "What happened!?" And then suddenly - everything went quiet. Even the great sage himself was dumbfounded," we need to bandage him up - now!"

Time skips ;)

Mk groaned shifting in his bed- his hand covered his face as he sat up. The pain shot to his whole body, but not as bad as before. He sighed removing his hand and lifting his shirt, he found the bandage clinging tightly over the wound. "Did I do this-?"

"Uh no. I did-" the monkey king smiled from the corner, creepy lil fucker - "did ya know you drool in your sleep?" The sage smirked, although he couldn't help the wagging of his tail to show he was happy mk was alive.

"What are you doing in my room!" Mk jumped up and groaned as the pain coursed though his body once more. Slowly sitting on the edge. "Ehem - when were you gonna tell m- us about the huge cut of yours? Its been hours since the fight - hours!" Mk winced at his mentors sharp tone - he had heard it before, but this time it was more life threatening. "I'm sorry - I felt like I could do it myself, and I didn't want to bother you all with the problems I have, you all have already done so much," the monkey king's expression soften as he glared at mk, and walked towards the bed, sitting with him,"bud - it's not your fault, I should have been there for you and - I'm sorry for not being a good mentor, I will do better, for you,"

Mk felt his eyes burn as tears started to form, he nodded slightly and clung to the sage, resisting to start sobbing. Wukong brushed the kids hair softly, humming as he let the kid unravel and cry,"don't worry kid. "

"I'm always here for you"