Chapter 4: VS The World

Starscream gave her a small chuckle. "And why would we do that?"

Sandra smirked.

"Because I know where your warship is and if someone doesn't return what belongs to me, I'll send a missile up there and blow it up." Sandra crossed her arms. "I'm sure it won't be too difficult, considering one of your people attacked a U.S. military base."

He shrugged and snatched Sandra up. "I could just kill you."

"Mmm." Sandra shook her head. "That's not a good idea, you see, I was using NASA's satellite to find this information. Once they find out I'm dead, they'll investigate the signal of my battery and find a giant warship. Your whole illegal operation would be exposed and obliterated. That's a lifetime jail sentence, buddy."

"Jail time." Starscream laughed. "That's funny. I'm just going to kill you."

"Oh, so you think you won't get jail for this?" Sandra rolled her eyes. "In that case, look forward to your ship being blown up around tomorrow morning. And no matter what kind of shields you have up, I assure you that we can break them. After all, it was the U.S. military skystrikers who destroyed Darkmount after the Autobots disabled the fusion cannons."

Starscream paused.

"Perhaps we should take this matter up to Lord Megatron." One of the vehicons suggested.

There was an explosion somewhere outside of the ship and Starscream glanced to the side. "Sounds like my predicon is tearing apart the Autobots."

He looked down at Sandra. "I wonder... Why don't I call off the beast and you call off your missiles."

"Why would I do that?"

"So your friends aren't killed." Starscream pointed out.

Sandra rolled her eyes. "They're just robots. If they built them once, I'm sure they can build them again."

Starscream blinked. "What?"

"Don't play dumb with me." Sandra glared. "I know you're stalling. You let me leave this ship with what I came for and I'll spare your warship. Do we have a deal?"

Starscream growled and tightened his grip on Sandra, making the girl gasp.

"Stop!" She hissed, scratching at his sharp fingers. "I will do it!"

"I think I overheard a conversation about your little box." Starscream said, not loosening his hold. "And I'm fairly certain Shockwave tossed it once he found out that it wasn't operational."

Sandra wheezed, her face turning red as she struggled for air.

"Commander Starscream." A vehicon spoke. "Megatron would not be pleased that you've offlined an Autobot pet he could use."

Starscream sighed. "Pity."

He tossed the human to one of the vehicons and lowered the ship's door to the ground. Sandra gasped for breath on the vehicon's palm and shakily pulled on her gloves.

Starscream looked around and grinned at the sound of battle. "No doubt my predicon is dealing with the Autobots now, per my orders. It was a challenge, but I managed to tame the savage beast."

"You're not wearing the armour to protect yourself from it?" A vehicon asked.

"From my beloved pet?" Starscream scoffed. "Of course not. In fact, it's getting rather hot in here."

He took off the armour and set it on a boulder before looking at Sandra, who was typing rapidly with her fingers on a keyboard only her glasses could see. To the Decepticons, it just looked like she was tapping her fingers on her legs.