Chapter 5: Double Ambush

When Wheeljack returned from his mission, Sandra was still unconscious. Agent Fowler helped the Wrecker bring the girl back home and by the time they got there, her parents were already sleeping.

Fowler went back to base and Wheeljack remained in the garage, as he had the night before.

When Sandra woke up in the morning, she grabbed her usual things, a coffee, and found Wheeljack.

"Feeling better, Tiny?" He questioned as she got in.

"I'd be even better if I could actually meet you." She grumbled.

"Had a talk with the cons and you still think we're human?" Wheeljack asked in amusement. "You really don't give up, do you?"

"I could say the same thing about you." Sandra replied.

Wheeljack nodded. "You could, but you'll regret it one day."

"Speaking of which, why haven't you opened a groundbridge yet?" Sandra asked.

"We're low on energon." He answered. "Besides, Optimus is trying to keep me and Magnus separated after our squabble yesterday."

"So we're not going to base at all?" Sandra questioned.

"Not unless they need us. Besides, you had a big day yesterday, you could use a break." He told her.

Sandra opened her mouth to reply, but then she shut it with a sigh. It wasn't that Wheeljack was right, but now Sandra knew that her battery was gone.

And she'd been bluffing yesterday. There was no way the military would blow up the Decepticon ship for her. She had connections, but she'd need General Bryce to be her BFF if she wanted that.

"So where are we going?" She asked.

"I haven't got that far yet." Wheeljack admitted. "I was hoping you'd have a place."

"I don't go anywhere except work and press conferences." Sandra told him.

"You need to get a life." Wheeljack replied. "Sounds to me like you're a workaholic."

Sandra rolled her eyes. "Is that a bad thing?"

"Yes. You should have some fun." Wheeljack told her. "Prime was right to partner me with you. You need to be taught how to have a little fun."

"Or maybe I was supposed to teach you the importance of work." Sandra replied.

Wheeljack huffed. "Okay, where do you want to go, Tiny?"

She looked out the window. "I really shouldn't go anywhere wearing this."

Wheeljack laughed. "I didn't take you as the fashion type."

"I'm not." She shot back at him. "I just don't want to be recognized in public. The Press loves to ambush people like me."

"Well don't worry, you've got an awesome getaway car." He told her.

"Right." She muttered. "Besides, I'm kind of dead inside. My life's work just got set back two months at least."

"You gave up on looking for it?" Wheeljack asked.

Sandra huffed. "Starscream told me it was destroyed."

"Oh. Sorry." Wheeljack paused. "Speaking of Starscream, what exactly happened after we left?"

"I was stupid." She grumbled. "Clearly they weren't afraid of my threat to blown up their warship. Not that it meant anything, since they couldn't get me the battery anyway."

"Can you really blow up the Nemesis?" Wheeljack asked.

Sandra shook her head. "But the threat did at least stop them from killing me until Miko got the apex armour."