Chapter 18: Workaholic Revived

The others let Sandra keep to herself, working quietly on the medical cot. As she got further into biology and medical research, her work grew more and more difficult. Sandra could not find anything that could have possibly triggered her parents into recovery.

Five years of no ability to learn and then one day, they did.

If the man had been alive, Sandra would have hunted Leland Bishop down and demanded to know everything he knew about their condition. She cursed herself for not having asking more all those years ago. She cursed herself for having blown up the younger Bishop; her only possible lead.

Sandra scowled, her brows creased as she typed away.

"Hey, Sandra." June Darby greeted the younger woman with a smile.

"Hello." Sandra replied robotically.

June sat down next to her. "Raf tells me you don't do much of anything anymore. Just sitting here working all the time."

"Mm."

June's smile dipped slightly. "You should get up and go take a break. Maybe a nap if you need it. I talked to Ratchet. He says he hasn't seen you sleep, which is staying something because Ratchet rarely sleeps."

"That's intriguing."

"Sandra." June snapped, using her mom voice. "Pay attention."

Sandra turned her head toward the nurse, eyes still glued to the screen for about a full ten seconds before finally looking at June in annoyance.

"What?"

"As your doctor, I'm ordering you do something other than work for three hours, at least." June stated.

Sandra stared at the nurse for a moment.

"No."

June blinked in surprise before scowling. "Now, listen here, young lady-"

Sandra glowered. "You are not my mom."

"Does your mom know you run around getting yourself shot at?" June demanded. "No. She doesn't. So unless you want me to call her up and let her know, I'm your mom when you're in this base. You do as I say."

"Nobody is my boss." Sandra glared.

June stood up. "Fine. I'll go let her know."

She took a few steps from the bed and pulled out her phone, about to call Fowler and ask for Sandra's mom's number, but right when she turned on her phone, it turned black and green text popped up.

You're not telling my mom.

June whipped around. "You can't just hack into my phone and stop me!"

"I just did." Sandra retorted.

June growled. "Sandra Kayne, you turn my phone back on right now."

"No."

"Clearly you are not responsible enough for the power you have." June glared. "This is immature and foolish of you. If you won't listen to me, you'll find yourself answering to your parents."

Sandra and June found themselves both growing angry at each other and sparks began to fly, attracting Ratchet's attention. It wouldn't be long before their arguement attracted the others as well.

"Enough." Ratchet ordered. "June, just leave Sandra alone."

"Would you leave one of your Autobots alone if they were hurting themselves?" June demanded.

Ratchet frowned.

"Who cares!?" Sandra demanded. "I have other people I need to take care of."

At that, Ratchet immediately went to June's side.

Damaged PartsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara