Chapter 15: Break the World

Sandra growled ferally and kicked the synthetic energon container angrily.

Usually, she was a very calm, accepting person when it came to failure. As of late, she was less rational. Maybe it was the stress, the heartache, or the splitting headache, but Sandra Kayne was not a happy person.

"Kick it a little harder, maybe you'll break it." Knockout suggested sarcastically.

Sandra turned to him and snarled. "Maybe if you'd shut up, I wouldn't need to!"

"Ow."

Sandra grabbed one of the wrenches on her desk and hurled it at him, the tiny object hitting Knockout's chest harmlessly and falling to the ground.

"YOU SCRATCHED MY PAINT JOB!"

Sandra scoffed. "Your paint job was ugly anyway."

"WHAT!?"

"You look like an apple." Sandra muttered.

Knockout snatched the girl up and glared at her. "Why, you-"

"Knockout." Shockwave snapped. "Put her down."

Knockout gave Sandra a warning glare and then tossed her back on the table. Sandra scowled as he angrily left the room, probably to go find a buffer and wonder if he looked like an apple for a few hours.

"Stop insulting everyone who walks in here and do your work." Shockwave ordered.

Sandra pointed to the synthetic energon. "What, this? Oh please, Shockwave, by now I've figured out that you don't care at all about the work I get done. You don't check it. You don't explain anything anymore. Heck, I don't even think you'd blink if I tried to blow it up!"

Shockwave stared.

Sandra felt her eyelid twitch as her anger grew. "What do you want from me!?"

"Does it matter?" Shockwave asked, walking closer and looming over her. "As long as you're working, we won't kill you or hurt your wrecker."

"Because you supposedly let an entire Autobot escape your warship, again, all so I'd work for you. But you don't even want my help!" Sandra exclaimed. "I know there's something else going o-"

She paused.

"What?" Shockwave asked.

"How do I even know Wheeljack was here?" She asked slowly, looking up at Shockwave.

"Because we tortured him right in front of you."

Sandra shook her head, narrowing her eyes. "Who did it?"

"Starscream."

"Really?" Sandra stared at Shockwave. "So Starscream got the chance to torture an Autobot, but he didn't say a word."

"Megatron told him not to."

"Not even a laugh." Sandra stated. "How could I hear Wheeljack so well, but not the device or bot that harmed him?"

Before Shockwave could reply, the doors opened and Megatron stepped inside.

"Soundwave informed me that there is a problem."

"What am I here for?" Sandra demanded.

"For whatever I desire." Megatron replied. "You agreed to work for me in exchange for Wheeljack's life. Rest assured, should you continue this charade, I will personally hunt him down."

Sandra glared. "Fine. But I want proof."

"Proof of what?"

"Soundwave is connected to the surveillance system, is he not? I'm sure he can find footage of the deal we made with Wheeljack."