Chapter Four: The Last Picture Show

Audrey walks through the hallways of the school when Veronica grabs her arms and starts walking along side her "We need to talk

Audrey walks through the hallways of the school when Veronica grabs her arms and starts walking along side her "We need to talk." she tells her. Veronica pulls her into an empty classroom and closes the door "What's wrong?" Audrey asks. "Do you know about Archie and Ms Grundy being in a 'relationship'?" Veronica asks her. "What?!" Audrey exclaims. "He didn't tell you the . Yeah, they were at Sweetwater River together on July 4th." Veronica explains. "Oh God." Audrey says making Veronica nod. "Betty knows and is digging into it. I thought I'd give you forewarning." Veronica tells her. "Thanks for telling me Ronnie." Audrey nods with a small frown. "Let me know if you need anything." Veronica tells her, walking out the room. Audrey sighs and walks off to find Archie, finding him with Jughead she pulls them to the side "Not a word until I finish. Either of you." she glares. The two boys look at each other before Archie gets hit on the arm "Ow! What was that for?!" he exclaims. "You're an idiot, Archie. Of all the women to go for!" she exclaims. "Wait, how do you know?" Archie asks. "Veronica told me, wanted to give me the heads up incase this all blows up. I'm guessing you knew Juggie?" Audrey asks. "I knew, but only recently. I didn't want to tell you because of everything that was happening with the playbook." Jughead explains. Audrey nods "Understandable. But you!" she says, turning to Archie again "Are you looking for trouble?! She is not the kind of person you go after, Archie! You completely idiotic buffoon! I can't believe you thought this was a good idea!" she exclaims, hitting his arm again. "Will you stop hitting my arm!" Archie tells her, rubbing it. "I will when you stop being a complete idiot!" Audrey glares. "Look, I know it's hard to understand but I really like her." Archie explains. Audrey scoffs slightly "Sort this out before Uncle Fred finds out." she tells him before storming off.

Late that day Audrey joins Kevin and Veronica in the student lounge as they talk about the Drive In "It's this quintessential rite of passage, making out with your boy or girlfriend at the movies." Kevin sighs. "Why don't we go together? I can't promise you any action, but maybe I'll bring you good luck. Audrey, you coming?" Veronica asks. "Yeah, but I'm going to sit with Juggie in the projector room." Audrey responds making her two friends nod. "Great. Another night, another hag." Kevin jokes making the three of them laugh. "Speaking of hags... Veronica, it's so devastating to me that your mother has to sink to such unspeakable lows just to keep those knockoff Hermes bags on your arm. What's next, selling her hair extensions?" Cheryl asks, walking over. "My mom's a waitress, Cheryl, not Fantine. And your faux concern reeks of ulterior motive. What is it?" Veronica counters. "Only to remind you of your place in this school, nay, the town's social hierarchy." Cheryl tells her. "Threatened much? Don't worry. You may be a stock character from a '90s teen movie, but I'm not. And what does any of this have to do with my mom being a waitress?" Veronica asks. "It's just that I saw her talking to a Southside Serpent last night, in the alley behind Pop's. They were having an extremely heated, intimate discussion. See for yourself." Cheryl says, showing Veronica, Kevin and Audrey a photo of Hermione Lodge with a Serpent, Audrey recognising him as FP. "Who or what is a Southside Serpent?" Veronica asks once Cheryl leaves. "They're this gang of bikers who pretty much stays on the south side of town. And thank God, 'cause they're sort of dangerous. Drug dealers and petty thieves." Kevin explains. "Then what was my mom doing with one of them?" Veronica asks. "Not all of them are dangerous. A lot of them are in the gang because it's like a family, one that protects each other." Audrey tells her.