Chapter Six: Faster Pussycats! Kill! Kill!

Audrey bites her lip as she paces back and forth backstage "I can't do this! Why did I think this was a good idea?" she rambles to Cheryl

Audrey bites her lip as she paces back and forth backstage "I can't do this! Why did I think this was a good idea?" she rambles to Cheryl. "You'll do great Audrey, I know you will." Cheryl tells her. "Audrey Andrews?" Kevin calls in slight surprise. "Go show them how it's done." Cheryl tells her, pushing her on stage with her guitar. Audrey walks over to the microphone "What will you be auditioning with?" Kevin asks. "An acoustic cover of 'What the Hell' by April Lavigne." Audrey responds. Kevin nods "When you're ready." he tells her. Audrey moves her guitar into position and starts playing.

As the last note rings out everyone in the auditorium claps and cheers "I'll let you know when you're on by the end of the day." Kevin tells her. Audrey nods and makes her way off stage, Cheryl hugging her the moment she's backstage "That was amazing!" she tells her. "Thanks Cheryl." Audrey smiles with a blush as she puts her guitar away. "I'll see you later, I have to go meet with the girls." Cheryl tells her before leaving. Audrey smiles and walks out the auditorium, walking along the corridor "What's this I hear about you auditioning for he Variety Show?" Veronica asks, walking over with Kevin. Audrey shrugs slightly "I wasn't that good." she responds. "You were amazing Audrey! I didn't know you could sing, let alone sing like that!" Kevin tells her. Audrey blushes "Thanks Kev." she tells him. "Come on, the others are in the Blue and Gold." Veronica smiles, linking arms with Audrey.

As they get there they catch the end of the conversation "Well, don't you have to practice for the Variety Show anyways?" Betty asks Archie. "Uh, no, I don't." Archie responds. "Except that yes, you do. Thanks to a certain Veronica-ex-machina. Excuse me." Veronica says walking in. "What do you mean?" Valerie asks. "Oh, nothing. Just that I had a few words with our director/host, and reminded him that he's heard you sing on numerous occasions." Veronica says. "Even though it compromises my artistic integrity." Kevin adds. "Cutting to the chase, you have a slot if you want it." Veronica smiles. "Veronica, thank you, but you saw what happened." Archie tells her. "We all did." Kevin adds. "Playing my songs in front of you guys is one thing, but getting back up on that stage by myself... I'm not sure if I'm ready for that." Archie explains. "If it's a partner you're looking for, Veronica Lodge is more than willing and able." Veronica smiles. "Veronica, I didn't know you could sing." Audrey smiles. "Like a nightingale. What do you say, Archiekins? Be the Jay to my Bey?" Veronica asks. Archie nods "Sounds great, thanks Veronica." he tells her. "Onto the next topic, Audrey also has a slot in the Variety Show." Kevin tells everyone. "Wait, you auditioned?" Archie asks. "You have a slot?" Jughead asks with a smile.

Audrey blushes and shrugs "Yeah." she responds. "That's great Auds!" Archie grins hugging her and giving her a little spin. "Thanks Arch." Audrey laughs. Jughead hugs her and kisses her gently "Why didn't you tell me you were auditioning? I would have come along to support you." he tells her. "I didn't tell anyone incase I screwed up, only Cheryl knew." Audrey explains. "I'm sorry, what was that?" Kevin asks suddenly. "What?" Audrey responds. "That kiss." Veronica says. "Kiss?" Jughead asks. "The kiss that just happened between you two." Archie responds, motioning to Audrey and Jughead. Audrey shrugs and blushes, hiding her face in Jughead's chest "When did this happen?" Veronica asks with a grin. "Day before the memorial." Jughead responds. "That was a week ago! Why didn't you say anything?!" Kevin exclaims. "We wanted to see how long it'd take for you guys to work it out." Audrey explains. Archie pauses for a minute "Hang on, last night when you guys were upstairs." he says. "Mm." Audrey frowns. "What we're you doing?" Archie asks. "Cuddling." Audrey mumbles. "Aww!" Veronica grins making Audrey go redder in the face and hide in Jughead's chest again. Betty rolls her eyes and grabs her bag, walking out the room. Audrey's smile drops as she watches Betty leave "Hey, she'll come round eventually." Archie assures her, making her nod unsurely.