Chapter 9

Taurus huffed. He'd been walking through the forest for so long, he'd lost all perception of time. He had no idea when he'd be able to find other loners like himself, but he hoped it wouldn't take all too long.

He came upon a bridge made by twolegs. It certainly seemed sturdy, and maybe it could lead him to other cats that could help him. He padded across it, and came upon barren moorland, only tufts of grass and large rocks coming out of the earth. He was surprised at how much the land could change between just one bridge over a river, however he wouldn't question it. He ran onto the moorland, sprinting across the tufts of grass and leaping over rocks.

Soon, he found himself skidding to a halt in front of a long white fence, a muted red barn just beyond it. He hopped over the fence, hope rising inside his chest.

"Who are you?"

A snarl could be heard behind Taurus, and he spun around to find himself face to face with a snarling she-cat, one half of her face was burnt off, and hostility burned in her one good eye.

"O-oh! I'm sorry, do you live here?" he asked. The she-cat nodded warily. Taurus continued. "I was just looking for a place to rest, I really hope you don't mind me perhaps staying here?" he pleaded.

The she-cat glared at him for a second, her one eye penetrating him as though she was observing every single little tuft of fur on Taurus' body. He shifted nervously.

After what seemed like an eternity, the she-cat hesitantly nodded.

"I'm Cherry, nice to meet you." The she-cat mewed.

Taurus' shoulders sagged with relief. "I'm Taurus, a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He turned around again to face the barn.

"So, do you live here alone, or do you live with others?" he asked Cherry. Cherry flicked her tail. "I live with two other cats, Cinder and Misty." she mewed. Taurus nodded. "Well, thank you so much for letting me stay with you all. I'll make sure to contribute to your guys' lives." he dipped his head gratefully.

"Cherry! Look what I caught!"

Taurus turned around to see a pretty hairless she-cat and a gray-ish blue-ish she-cat running towards Cherry.

The hairless she-cat caught sight of Taurus, and stopped dead in her tracks. "Who are you?" she asked distrustfully. Taurus chuckled nervously. "My name's Taurus, I'm a loner looking for somewhere to stay. Cherry told me I could stay with you guys, so I am." he said quietly. The she-cat smiled. "Welcome to the barn, make yourself at home!" She mewed in a friendly manner. Taurus looked at her again. "What's your name?" he asked her. "My name is Cinder. And this," she signaled to the blue-gray she-cat beside her, "is Misty. We all live together."

Taurus smiled at the three she-cats. "Thank you all so much for letting me stay with you all, again. I won't disappoint." he mewed excitedly.