{albedo}

Gender neutral 

Y/n POV

~~~

You sat near sucrose as she stood next to the alchemy table as albedo told her about what she was needed to do. What always caught your eye about albedo was the star marking on his throat/neck. Any time you would talk he would catch sight of you looking at it, he would try to change the subject to something other than the star on his neck, though it didn't bother him to much. 

 "Y/n, please accompany me to my lab in dragon spine if you would. I need your help with an experiment I have" albedo says looking over to your figure.

 "Oh, ok?!" You say standing up to follow him out of mondstadt and up the frigid mountain.

 "So what's this experiment you needed help with albedo?" You asked as you both reached the laboratory in a cave.

 "I would like you to stay here and see if someone who looks almost identical to me comes. I myself will not be to far from here, I will be hidden in an area near by."

 "Wait what!?" Albedo sighs as he walks closer to you.

"I have an imposter. He has been taking stuff from my lab I suppose. You will know if it's me or not." 

 "Uhm, how will I know to be exact?" 

 "Your always looking and wondering about the star on my throat/neck right?"

  "Yes?"

 "That's how you'll know, he doesn't have that star" Albedo leaves and time passes. You sat near the camp fire and the only sounds were you breathing, the crackles of the fire, and the wind. But soon after you heard footsteps in the snow. You turned to see albedo had come back. 

 "Oh! Albedo your back! You must be col-... Albedo?"

 "Oh, uhm, I forgot you were here y/n" albedo said in an odd tone. Your eyes adverted to his throat/neck, and just as he had said. There was a fake. 

 "Here I made food, are you hungry mrs. Albedo?"

 "Oh, not at the moment, but thank you" he said walking over to the alchemy table to make something. You turn at the sound of more foot steps, but they were much faster. As fast as everything happened it had all ended. Albedo had his sword pierced through the imposter who was now hunched over in pain, slowly fading from life. 

 "thank you y/n, you were of much help" albedo said turning to you, who was in horror of what you had seen.

 "Albedo... you just..." your hands covered your mouth as you gasped. 

 "I wha- oh..." he said looking at his now blood covered hands.

"wait y/n this was the onl-" You ran at him and hugged him. He felt horrible now. Like there could've been a better way of handling the susbedo instead. 

 "Why are you looking at me that way?" He asked you. 

 "What do you mean?"

 "*you know I am evil... so why are you looking at me so lovingly*"

 "Because... I love you albedo"