running away with aether

Gender neutral

Y/n POV

~~~

It was like any other day in mondstadt for y/n. Wake up, do daily commissions, see if diluc needed help at the winery, get venti sobered up again, help at the cathedral, help Jean with the storm terror attacks. This was normal, but it was annoying. The same old thing, day in and day out. Nothing had changed. Until Aether came and stopped storm terror. You and him had few interactions but when you had saw him they were short yet sweet interactions. After he left mondstadt for liyue, things were back to how they had been, yet since he left you felt empty. The windblume festival was coming up soon and Aether was back in town once more. He looked more tired and stressed though. 

 "Aether! Paimon!" You shouted to him as he and paimon were walking to good hunter. 

 "Oh. Y/n it's been awhile!" He says with his normal smile.

 "Y/n!" Paimon yelped in joy. 

 "How's your journey been!? Anything about your sister?" You asked.

 "We saw her once, but then disappeared without a trace. Haven't seen her since" he said, his head hanging low.

 "Oh... sorry for asking" 

 "Don't worry about it" he said faking a smile.

 "Oh paimon Barbra is making sticky honey roast! You should go see her!" You say. 

 "OH!!! Ok paimon will be right~ back" she says with a mischievous giggle and takes of to the cathedral. 

 "Come with me" you say and grab Aethers hand, dragging him out of mondstadt to windrise. 

 It didn't take long for the both of you to run to windrise from mondstadt. It was quit like always. You took a deep breath in as you let go of Aethers hand. Letting out a sigh you lay down on the grass underneath the huge tree. 

 "Why are we here?" Aether asked. 

 "I come her when I'm stressed and I need a break. You looked like you needed a break" you say sitting up to look at him with a soft smile. He lets out a soft chuckle and sits next to you. It was a windy day, but nice enough for a get away. 

 "Oh wait here!" You say standing and running off to the other side of the tree. Finding as many wind wheel asters as you can you run back to Aether and sit behind him as you start to place the flowers in his braid.

 "What are you doing" he says with a laugh.

 "Nothing!" You laugh back.

 "Mhm... sure y/n" he says turning around and grabbing your chin. Your face flushes red with how close he is to you. He grabs one of the wind wheel tasters and places it in your hair with a soft smile.

 "There" Aether says with a bright smile as he places a kiss on your forehead. 

 "Uh..."

 "Man you should see yourself" He says bursting into a fit of laughs. "You look like master dilucs hair, even worse a tomato" he laughs. 

 "OH SHUT UP AETHER!" You say standing up and walking away blushing. 

As you walk away you hear his laughs die down and the grass behind you being stepped on as he approaches you from behind. He grabs your waist and hugs you as he puts his head into your shoulder. 

 "Thank you" Aether says in a soft voice. 

"Why are you thanking me?" I ask.

"Because you've helped me so much..." then he paused. "I love you"