i.

Monday
March 3, 2014
Denver, Colorado
8:13 a.m.

Onika's POV

Onika's POV

   Plenty of greetings and cheers could be heard as I was escorted into the lobby of my establishment. Balloons along with other pink decor could be seen all throughout the place, and of course I couldn't miss the large sign that was various hues of pink and read, "Welcome Back Boss!" in fine bold print.

The biggest smile graced my face as I waved to my employees that never missed a beat. "Oh my gosh, my babies. I've missed each and every one of you." I spoke truthfully with wide eyes, adjusting my black and white mink coat as I continued to look around. "You didn't have to do all of this..." I mumbled, my smile soon turning down into a pout.

"All good, Nic?" My driver, Arin asked. I turned towards him and nodded with a sniffle, fighting to keep my emotions at bay due to the lovely surprise. "All good, Rinny. Get back home to your wife. I'll be fine driving home." I said. "Hold up, I can't let you do th–" He started, but I quickly shut him down. "Aht. Get outta here. I don't wanna see you for about another two months. You've been with me since vacation." I chuckled, hitting his shoulder.

He jokingly rolled his eyes and turned on his feet. "Have a good day, welcome back to the ice berg!" He teased, walking out of the building. Though I loved living in Denver, adjusting to the cold after being in Trinidad for so long was a challenge and my driver was well aware of that. "Oh, fuck you." I gritted, strutting deeper into the lobby as the sliding doors came to a close and warmth suddenly engulfed me.

It was my first day back since the beginning of the year. I took some time off to visit family in Trinidad, as well as handle other important business. People all over have heard that I am in the works of expanding my brand in other locations and are eager for it to happen very soon.

   I opened my therapy center, "Tranquil Minds" at the age of 24 after building it from the ground up. Originally, I started as a counseling aid in high school. It wasn't very common to assist your school counselor, but I convinced my principal with my charm.

   For as long as I can remember, I loved giving everyone an ear to vent to. Showing them I am willing to listen and seeing positive changes in emotions session after session never failed to make me happy. Even not-so-positive ones, because I admire the fact that people want to open up to me.

   Once I graduated in 2004, I received the best news—Harvard University wanted to take me in! My parents and I left our home in Trinidad and moved to Massachusetts, where I spent four years majoring in Psychology. I earned my master's two years after, and now I have my own home in Colorado. Not only that—I am the CEO of the number one therapy center in the world at just 27 years old.

"Miss Maraj!" My receptionist, Snoh came jogging over. "Such a pleasure to have you back, I was oh so lonely." She cheesed, embracing me into a hug. Snoh and I met at a college party. We clicked instantly, became study buddies, and built our friendship from there. We kept in touch and she finally moved to Denver. It was only right to give her a position.