viii.

Wednesday
March 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
10:14 a.m.

Robyn's POV

I've been in this room all morning, laying in bed and thinking about last night. I couldn't believe that I let myself go so far with my therapist, but that was far from the thing that genuinely had me in shock.

   Hearing Onika moan my name multiple times in less than an hour had me on edge. All I wanted was a bottle of water from the kitchen to cease the crazy cotton mouth I had, which I received. But when I was on my way back to the room, I couldn't believe my ears. I stopped in my tracks and listened to her touch herself... the whole time.

   Hearing her begs and pleads for me moments after she claimed not to have an attraction to me was crazy. They replayed in my head over and over again. It felt so right... then again, it felt so wrong. I felt like I heard something I wasn't suppose to hear but I did against my will. I wanted to say something about it since it was weighing so heavy on my mind, I just didn't know when.

   That wasn't the only thing that was heavy on my mind. Lauren was as well. I couldn't even begin to recite the multiple texts I woke up to this morning. There were all types of threats being made from her that went as far as her putting her hands on me again just because she saw I wasn't home when she returned. I could've died for all she knew, but she wanted to assume that I was sleeping with someone instead.

   Since I couldn't muster the energy to reply to any of the messages—I simply just let her assume. I honestly didn't give a fuck what she thought, divorcing her was the only thing I wanted to focus on. "Robyn? Are you up?" Onika called out from outside the door in a groggy voice, almost startling me. It felt so awkward to even interact with her after what I heard last night, but I had to. I was in her home, after all.

   "Yeah, been up. Wassup?" I responded. I knew we had a session today, but I didn't think it would be this early. "I made breakfast. You're free to have some, if you'd like." She offered. She was crazy if she thought I was going to turn down a meal. "I'll take some, been down in a minute." I replied. After hearing a small "okay" from Onika, I decided to finally get out of bed and do a long awaited stretch.

   "Get me through the day, Jah." I mumbled, taking the hair tie from my wrist and throwing my hair into a sloppy bun. I then went into the bathroom to freshen up before finally making my way out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen. I could instantly hear the melody of the Kakegurui theme song playing. "Good morning." I simply said, looking over at Onika who was wearing a cozy black robe. "I didn't know you watched anime." I continued.

   One thing about it, I loved anime. Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Tokyo Ghoul, you name it. I could spend hours on end watching multiple series. I've done it before. "Absolutely, who doesn't? I watch a lot of Anime, but I'd have to say... "K-On!" is one of my ultimate favorites. She stated. "I've heard about that one before, never watched it." I confessed, causing her to gasp.

   "You have to watch it, it's so good. I hold those girls dear to my heart." She said, referring to the characters. I chuckled softly, taking a seat at the island and looking down at the french toast breakfast sandwich in front of me. "This looks so good." I compliment while Onika handed me a mason jar with a straw inside. "Thank you. I made us some cold brew mocha frappes, in case you're wondering what's in the jar. You'll like it, I promise." She smiled, taking a seat next to me. I could tell she sensed something was up but I knew she'd wait until our session began.

   "I've had cold brew before, it's all good." I assured, carefully picking up my sandwich and taking a bite. As I began to chew and the various flavors made themselves present on my tastebuds, it was everything I expected. I've began to learn that aside from being a great therapist, she was a bomb ass cook. "So." Onika started, prior to swallowing her first bit of food. "You still up for today's session?"

   Besides wanting to tell her about herself during our session, I also had other things to get off of my chest. I had no intentions on rescheduling. "I am, only if you are. I know we were kind of fucked up last night." I said, followed by a laugh. "I'm good now, we definitely did go a little over the limit though." She giggled, taking a sip of the cold brew in her jar. "We have some things to talk about when your session begins, by the way." She said. I knew she was talking about the series of events that occurred on the rooftop last night.

   I still felt bad for making her uncomfortable, even though I wasn't wrong. I should've let things happen naturally, but I was afraid that it never would because she sees me as someone she can't date due to business. She made that clear last night. "We do." I agreed. The remainder of breakfast was pretty silent as we continued to watch Kakegurui up until we were finished.

   "I hope you enjoyed breakfast." Onika said, grabbing my now empty plate and putting it on top of hers. "I'll be getting ready after I wash these plates. My office is downstairs. You can enter through that door." She said pointing over to the door that led to the basement. I thanked her and offered to help her in the kitchen, which she politely declined.

"See you at eleven." I said, right before making my way back upstairs.

on another break from work, expect an update soon.

🤍
- fentyethics.