ii.

Monday
March 3, 2014
Denver, Colorado
9:53 a.m.

Onika's POV

   Within almost a half hour, I ran through about twenty-eight emails and had fifty more to go. "There's a quiet storm, and it never felt like this before. There's a quiet storm that is you." I gently bobbed my head, singing along to Sade's, "The sweetest taboo." I loved me some her.

I continued to let the rhythm flow through me as I hovered the cursor over the next email I was about to handle. I was seconds from clicking on it until a soft, yet noticeable knock landed on my office door—making me lightly jump in my seat. I quickly paused the smooth voice of Sade that once filled my office and turned off my laptop. I liked to give my clients my full on attention, which meant electronics of all sort would be turned off.

I stood to my feet and looked at the glass door that granted access to my sanctuary and saw a silhouette that looked about five feet and ten inches tall. I couldn't make out a face due to the sheer baby pink curtain I hung against the entrance, but I assumed it was the client I've been expecting.

Opening up the door, I didn't expect to see what I saw when I looked up. "Good morning, Miss Maraj. My name is Robyn... Robyn Fenty. I was scheduled to see ya' at ten, but as you can see... I'm a few seconds early." She stated, a raspy chuckle leaving her throat that oddly sent a chill through my spine. I opened my mouth to speak, but froze. She was fucking beautiful.

   The woman wore two inch heels, making her a lot taller than I was

The woman wore two inch heels, making her a lot taller than I was. Even without them, I was almost completely sure she had a couple inches on me. She sported baggy denim jeans with holes that exposed her glossy knee caps, topping it all off with an oversized blazer that exposed her cleavage. I couldn't help but to spot the visible tattoos on her foot, ankle, below her breasts, and another on her hand. I secretly wondered what other tattoos she had on her body, if you know what I mean.

Clearing my throat, my eyes reverted back to hers. She no longer had her shades on, allowing me to immediately notice her staring me up and down. My mink coat was no longer on, exposing my tight jumpsuit that hugged my thighs and molded my cleavage in it's full glory. "No. She's a client, what are you doing?" My inner conscious quickly ended any inappropriate thoughts. This was my job. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Yes! Good morning, Miss Fenty." I snapped back into character, holding my hand out for her to shake. Instead of shaking it, she took my hand into hers and brought it up to her lips, kissing the surface ever so gently. I could've melted right there, but I had to remind myself that this was a business and pretend that we weren't staring at each other for what felt like an eternity.

   I displayed a welcoming smile and sincerely pulled my hand away, acting as if it didn't phase me at all. "Come on in. Make yourself comfortable." I continued, turning on my heel and walking over to the lounge chair that was positioned a few feet away from the couch. I picked up my notebook and pen off of the seat then adjusted myself in it. I propped my feet up and opened up a fresh, new page.