iii.

Monday
March 3, 2014
Denver, Colorado
11:20 a.m.

Robyn's POV

While I walked out of Miss Maraj's office and down the hall, I reflected on the entire session. Usually I wouldn't dare to come and let out my various emotions to a person I've never met in the flesh before until now, but there was something about this therapist. Besides her astonishing features and highly attractive figure, there was more to this woman than just her physique. It was from within.

   Because of the repetitive occurrences of my wife cheating on me over the past year, I no longer cared to express my feelings to Lauren. I feel sick to my stomach every time I even think about my wife being okay with going so far with someone other than me. Telling her
how I truly feel would be a waste of time. It would go in one ear and out the other. I've tried it.

  Stepping into the elevator and requesting to head back down to the lobby by the click of a button, I couldn't shake off the excitement of seeing her again tomorrow. She was something so pure and her aura was refreshing. It's what I need in life. I stood there in a trance, thinking of my therapist until a loud noise signaling that the elevator had reached the lobby suddenly filled my ears.

   "I hope you had a great stay at Tranquil Minds! We hope to see you again soon." The receptionist called out once I exited the elevator and made my way toward the sliding doors. Honestly, I wasn't ready to go. "It was amazing! See ya' tomorrow!" I shouted back. The moment I stepped outside, the cold air wasted no time in attempting to turn me into an icicle.

   My teeth threatened to chatter as I began to speed walk across the parking lot to get to my car faster. My hand was three inches away from opening my Ferrari door after unlocking it before a now familiar voice alerted me. "Hey! Fenty!" I heard, instantly making me turn around. I chuckled when saw it was Miss Maraj holding the half empty bottle of water I left upstairs.

   "You forgot—AHH!" She screamed, slipping on black ice. It was as if the air suddenly became warm, allowing me to run forward and catch her before she hit the ground. She screamed until she safely landed in my arms. "Oh my stars, that was so embarrassing." She giggled adorably, looking up at me with her brown button eyes that were now very wide. She had such a cute, bright personality without even trying.

   I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction to almost falling. "It's okay, we're in Denver. It's normal and expected. Are you hurt?" I questioned, checking all over for any scratch or bruise. When my eyes began to examine her face, I could've sworn she was blushing due to the concern I had for her. Or maybe I'm tripping. After all, it is cold.

   Miss Maraj stood to her feet with the assistance of my arms and shook her head no, allowing me to release a sigh of relief. "I'm fine, it was just a little slip. Thanks for caring." She smiled, folding her lips together and quickly looking down at the bottle. That's when I saw she had dimples. Just like my wife. "I came to give you your water bottle, you left it on the couch." She said, handing me the water while still in a little fit of giggles. I smiled at her cuteness.

   "Thank you, Miss Maraj. I don't know how I would've lived without it." I teased, being sarcastic in a lighthearted way. "Listen, I'm one of those people that take my water intake serious. If I open a bottle of water, I won't open another until that one is finished." She spoke in her defense, making me laugh. "You're right. I appreciate your thoughtfulness, Miss Maraj."