Not a date? (P. 1)

*eddie has been your...electric oregano...dealer for a while, and you're kinda friends. Lately you've been trying to find more reasons to see him, you're starting to really like him*

You grab the bag off the counter as your conversation with Eddie finishes and stuff it into your bag.

"Thanks again Munson I'll see ya around" you smile and turn towards the door.

"(Y/n) wait before you go I-" Eddie started, but trailed off when you turned to make eye contact with him.

"What's up?" You questioned, hoping he wasn't going to tell you you owed him any more money, Eddie was the cheapest dealer around especially since you were friends, that's why you always went to him first.

"Would you maybe wanna come over again this week?" He questioned softly, his eyes refusing to meet yours.

"I won't be out for a while what are you talking about?" You asked confused, your eyes desperately trying to meet his but he kept glancing away.

"No not for that I just thought maybe we could like hang out and get pizza or tacos or something, maybe watch a movie or listen to a record I don't know..." Eddie was barely speaking above a whisper, you had never seen him this nervous before.

"Are you asking me over for a reason other than dealing Munson?" You teased him

"Would it be so crazy if I was?" He said sheepishly, finally meeting your gaze.

You were too stunned to speak, was Eddie seriously asking you on a date?? Your eyes finally met his and you began to panic. You really did like Eddie, but with him being so close to your younger brother Dustin and having such opposite reputations at school it was just too complicated.

"But what about your hellfire meeting? And Dustin? And my friends? And your friends?" You started rapidly questioning, your mouth moving too fast for your brain to comprehend what you were saying next.

"I get it, just a freak friend of your brothers who deals to you for cheap" Eddie sighed and his head dropped. God he looked so disappointed. You took a few steps towards him.

"Eddie that's now what I meant it's just that I"
He finally lifted his chin back up to look at you.

"Please (y/n) just give me one chance. One time just us hanging out like two normal teenagers" he said, giving you the best puppy eyes he could muster.

"So it's not a date?" You questioned

"Not a date" he agreed with a nod

"Okay. Then I'll see you Friday after hellfire" you smiled and walked off.

As soon as you got in your car and you knew you were out of eyesight and earshot of Eddie you started to freak out. You couldn't believe it! The Eddie Munson who you've been admiring from a far since stepping foot in Hawkins high wanted to hang out with you!!
Once the initial shock and excitement wore off as you drove home, you felt your stomach drop: Dustin. You forgot about Dustin. How were you supposed to explain to your darling little brother that: 1) You knew Eddie 2) the reason you knew Eddie 3) how you had a major crush on Eddie 4) how he couldn't tell Eddie about any of this. You know he would be excited, but if things didn't go as planned you didn't want to make it weird for him.

You sigh, you know you're going to have to lie to Dustin even though you know he can see through your bullshit like none other.

You pulled up at home and hopped out of your car, taking a deep breath as you open the door.

"Where have you been!! You were supposed to help me with my assignment!!" Dustin whined from his room. You laughed to yourself and pushed open his door.

"Just have Suzie change your grade later on" you said leaning up against the door frame, Dustin scoffed as he looked at you

"Seriously (y/n) where have you been?" He questioned

"I got caught up talking to Chrissy, we have a project we're working on together, I am really sorry I forgot kiddo" you said, praying Dustin wouldn't know you're lying. You wished you could say you were with Steve or Robin to be more convincing, but the chances Dustin had run into them after school and would call your BS were too high.

"Uh-huhhhhh" he said, you could tell he wasn't totally convinced.

"Hey I'll pick you up from hellfire Friday so mom doesn't have to okay? I'm going over to Chrissy's later that night to finish the project anyway" you blurted to try to change the subject as well as set up the next part of your lie: making dustin and your mom believe you would be with Chrissy Friday night.

"Oh okay but why do you have to wait until after?" He raised his eyebrow as he looked up at you

Fuck. Lie. And quick.

"She's got practice until late! So I figured that would give her time after, and then mom can have a night off from getting ya" you smiled softly

"Okay okay fair enough" dustin said, but you could see in his eyes he wasn't fully convinced.

You figured it was good enough, grabbed the hat from his head and ruffled his hair (older sibling things ya know?) and then went to your room; you were thinking you might try to put together a nice outfit. Friday couldn't come fast enough!