Get Well Soon

{requested by the lovely Eddiemuns0nloverr  I had so much fun with this one 🥰}

"I got every type of cold medicine and cold medicine adjacent things the store had" you called as you walked through the trailer door. Poor Eddie had come down with something, and although in your opinion it wasn't that bad, he was insisting that he was dying.

You heard a soft "okay" from the bedroom followed by some sniffles. You grab him a glass of water from the sink and lightly push open the door.

He's stretched out on his bed, you had pulled his hair back for him since he was so hot from the fever, and he was only in his boxers, laying on top of the blankets.

"Do you want me to get you a fan baby?" You questioned, setting the water on the night stand and the bags on the bed next to him

"Yes please" he softly smiled at you

You left the room and headed towards the hall closet where you knew there's usually a small box fan. It took some digging through other things eddie had shoved into it before you found it. You grabbed it and walked back into the room, looking for something to prop it up on so it would actually be hitting him. You found some boxes, some old books, and a guitar case and built a definitely-not-up-to-code tower to place the fan on top of. Eddie laughed at you while your structure wavered from the movement of the fan. Ultimately it did stay standing, you gave a bow for your incredible performance and Eddie laughed and clapped for you before sniffing again.

"I feel so gross, I'm so stuffy and I'm covered in my own sweat, I've been in this bed for years" he whined to you.

"Babe it's only been 2 days, but why don't you try to take a shower and I can change the sheets for you?" You sweetly stated and began to rub his shoulder. He gave you a small smile and pulled himself up, strolling off towards the bathroom. You pulled the sweaty sheets off the bed and set them aside for the laundry. You went back to the hall closet where you had found the fan and grabbed fresh clean sheets. They were cool and soft, perfect to make Eddie feel better. You began thinking about how else you could help him, while you pulled the sheets on

"(Y/n)!" You were snapped out of your thoughts by Eddie shouting for you. You quickly walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door, cracking it open

"Yes Eddie?" You questioned, hoping nothing was wrong

He went quiet for a moment and then softly asked "will you wash my hair? It's knotted and I'm just so tired I don't want to do it by myself" he had put on his sweet begging voice, the one he knew you couldn't say no to. God, it made him sound like he was much sicker. You laugh to yourself and then tie your own hair up and hop into the shower. You begin to gently rub the shampoo into his soft hair. Eddie closes his eyes and sighs, you can tell he's happy you're here. You wash the shampoo out and coat it in conditioner, carefully brushing the knots out. He leaned his head back into the water, then turned back to look at you

"I love you so much" he said softly and gave you a sleepy smile

"I love you more" you said and gave his forehead some soft kisses. Eddie turned the water off and you reached out to grab towels for both of you. You watched him run the warm soft towel up his body as you did the same. You took Eddie by the hand and lead him back to his room to get dressed. You didn't have any clothes of your own here, so you grabbed a pair of boxers and Eddie's hellfire club shirt from his dresser, pulling them on as he found his own clothes.

"You always look so good in my clothes princess, but you'd look even better without them" Eddie smirked at you

"Sick and still flirty, you really don't change much huh?" You laughed and he shook his head "I'm making you some lunch you need to eat something" you said, changing the subject as you knew Eddie didn't have the energy for that type of encounter today.

You strolled into the kitchen and began going through the cabinets. You rummaged through cans and boxes of food until you came across chicken noodle soup. 'Perfect, a sick day staple' you thought to yourself, remembering how your parent(s) used to make it for you whenever you didn't feel good, how it always managed to comfort you no matter how bad you felt. You searched for (and finally found) a pot and cooked up the soup. You could hear that Eddie had put on his newest Black Sabbath record, and you hummed along to the music while you cooked.

You split the soup into 2 bowls as you knew Eddie would feel bad if he didn't share it with you, and headed back towards his room. He was sitting up in the bed wearing a fresh pair of boxers, clearly very content with being clean and having a fan. You passed him the bowl and he smiled at you. You sat down next to him in the bed and both of you ate and chatted about the record, as well as how he was feeling.

When you were finished, Eddie piped up "Thank you for being here, it means a lot to me" as he said it he began to cough again.

"Here take some of this stuff hold on" you went to scrounge through the bags pulling out a little tub of Vicks. "This should help that cough hold still" you said swiping your finger through the jelly and rubbing it into his chest and neck. He sighed heavily "it's cold, it feels good" he laughed as you grabbed a bottle of NyQuil and handed it to him; "take some of this it's gonna help a lot". He snatched the bottle from you and swallowed the dark gooey liquid as if it were a shot, using the water you had given him earlier as a chaser.

"Very classy" you laughed and he chuckled back to you. You went to switch to a different record, something softer that Eddie could sleep to. After you had found something and put it on, you laid down next to him as he scooted down to get comfortable in the bed, snuggling up into your chest. You began to play with his hair and hum along to the music. You looked down to see him smiling as he began to sleep.

You went to get up and go, thinking he would be too far into his sleep to notice

"Noooo stay right here (y/n/n)" Eddie said softly, tightening his arms around your body and pulling you closer to him.

"Okay Eds I'm right here" you smiled and began to play with his hair again, holding him close to you. He smiled and whispered "I love you (y/n)" before falling asleep, still with a soft smile on his face

"I love you too Eddie, get well soon" you whispered back, giving him a soft kiss as you snuggled in for a nap.