Positive

(Hey hey I wrote this a little different than others so you can get the full timeline without it being ridiculously long enjoy! Ps they have different titles but the next one I post is the part 2!)

"You doin okay in there??" You heard Robin call from outside the bathroom door. You couldn't find your voice to call back; you just sat on the cold countertop holding the test in your shaking hands. The two pink lines stared back at you: you were pregnant.

"(Y/n) I'm comin in!!" You heard Robin yell, the door flinging open shortly after. She stopped for a moment when she realized you were shaking and blankly staring.

"Are you okay??" She asked you. You responded by simply holding the test out to her. She snatched it from your hand and gasped. "Oh my god!! (Y/n)!!" She screamed excitedly. "I'm gonna be a cool honorary auntie!! Everyone's gonna spoil the shit outta this little nugget!!" You smiled up her her

"I'm not sure how I'm gonna tell Eddie, I mean we weren't trying or anything" you laughed, a single tear of happiness and nerves rolling down your cheek.

"Oh (y/n), he loves you so much. He's gonna be so excited for a little nugget" she hugged you and you relaxed and took a breath, excitement flooding in.

Robin sat with you until right before Eddie was supposed to be getting back from work. You wanted to be alone when you told him the news but you promised Robin you would call her to keep her updated. She gave you a hug and a soft fist bump on the stomach "for my niece or nephew" and headed out. You sat on the couch test in hand and took deep breaths while you waited. You heard the door click open only a few short minutes after Robin left.

"I'm home princess!" Eddie called out as he always did, but lowered his voice when he saw you on the couch. "(Y/n/n) are you okay?? You look really nervous" he questioned

"I have something to tell you" you said, his face dropped, and you didn't want to stress him anymore. "I was late so Robin and I got a test and..." you flipped the pregnancy test towards him "...it's positive I'm pregnant we're gonna be parents" you looked him in the eyes and waited for his response. He stood silent for a moment, obviously processing. You then saw a huge smile on his face, he walked over and wrapped you up in his arms.

"I thought you had bad news!" He laughed and kissed you

"I was so nervous you'd be upset" you admitted laughing

"Upset?? (Y/n) this is great! And you are going to be an excellent mom to whoever this little one turns out to be" he said, placing his hand on your stomach.

~first trimester~

Morning sickness had hit you hard. Eddie was incredibly helpful, always making sure your hair was tied back and a garbage can was nearby. One morning it was particularly bad, and he laid in bed with you rubbing your back while you puked consistently.

"I'm sorry" you said through tears, you hated being sick but especially around other people

"Don't apologize (y/n/n)" he whispered rubbing your back "you're growing a whole little person in there it's okay to be sick, you're incredible" you smiled at the kind words, he always knew just what you needed to feel better.

"I love you Eds" you smiled as you started to feel better

"I love you too" he kissed the top of your head

You felt more tired than usual, so when you two weren't working you spent most of your time laying in bed watching horror movies. "How young is too young for our kid to watch these?" Eddie questioned "Whatever age you're thinking is too young" you laughed in response

He came with you to all of your appointments and check ups, honestly he seemed more nervous than you did. He asked so many questions and wanted to know everything the doctors and ultrasound technicians thought about you and the baby. When it came time that you were able to hear the heartbeat, you began to cry out of happiness. Eddie grabbed your hand and you looked up to him wiping away tears, a huge smile across his face.