Holy shit: we're parents

You were brought into a delivery room when you and Eddie got to the hospital, and labor began. Your contractions were awful and you were in a lot of pain, but Eddie was wonderful. He'd remind you to breathe and hold your hand, overall doing anything you needed to be comfortable. After hours and hours of this the doctor came in.

"Okay Ms Munson you're ready to begin pushing!" She said excitedly, getting positioned to deliver the baby. You didn't know what it was but these words caused a wave of anxiety to flood over you. You gave several pushes and the panic just kept building.

"Eddie I can't do this" you whisper cried to him as he stood next to you

"of course you can (y/n)" he said stepping closer to you and squeezing your hand "I'm right here okay? You can do it. You've made it this far" He began modeling the breathing you were supposed to be doing, and you relaxed as you began following along with him

You had been pushing for almost an hour, and you were getting exhausted. Eddie kept telling you how incredible and strong you were and how you were doing amazing. You were crying and groaning, trying your hardest to get this stubborn child out of you.

"Just a few more pushes Ms Munson you're doing great" the doctor stated and you squeezed Eddie's hand harder.

"You've got this!" Eddie excitedly whispered. A few big pushes later, when you felt like your body would give out, you felt a sudden relief hit you. You knew in that moment that you had done it. It was quiet for a moment, then the room was filled with the sound of a baby crying.

"Congratulations, it's a girl" the doctor stated and set the baby on your chest.

You were crying immediately and Eddie had tears in his eyes looking at this tiny human the two of you had made. "You're a superhuman (y/n), you grew and delivered our little girl" he said giving you a kiss on the head. You both sat there for a moment, talking to the baby just like you'd been doing for the last nine months. Eventually the doctors took her off your chest to make sure she was entirely healthy.

"Have you discussed a name yet?" The nurses questioned. You and Eddie smiled and nodded

"Eleanore Robin Munson" you beamed saying it and finally being able to put a person to the name.

Eleanore, Ellie for short, had been one of the names the group came up with during baby name brainstorming. You and Eddie both loved it and you loved how it reminded you of all your friends. The middle name Robin was obviously after Robin Buckley, your best friend since you were young. She was a huge influence in your life and Eddie knew that, so you wanted to have babies middle name be after her.

"That's a beautiful name" the nurse smiled "we'll have you fill out the birth certificate soon, but for right now you just rest Ms Munson, your body has been through a lot today"

"And the last nine months" you joked earning a laugh from the nurses and doctors surrounding you.

~

Parenthood was definitely a journey. You were trying to do everything right yet you didn't even know what right was. Eddie was an absolute natural with baby Ellie; he knew how to calm her down and what she needed, almost like he could read her mind. He absolutely adored being a dad, always wanting to be the one to take care of the baby when it came to things besides feeding.

People slowly began to meet your daughter as you and Eddie felt comfortable with it. Wayne was first of course, and loved her instantly. He was so happy to be a grandpa, and you knew Eleanore would always be in good hands if he had to babysit. Robin and Steve were next, and you were excited to reveal that you had used robins name. Sure enough, Steve brought it up.