Chapter 5: The Cursed Leaf

We start this story in the demon skull to see a 15 year old boy with ash-gray hair and emerald green eyes, he's around 5'6, with a headband around his hair. He's currently resting after training since dawn, he couldn't sleep  because this was the day he would get his grimoire. The feeling that was supposed to be excitement was instead worry; what would he get?
A grimoire, no grimoire? These thoughts were soon interrupted by Liebe.

Liebe: Kid it'll be fine.

Asta: Are you sure?

Liebe: You'll probably get the one that I'm trapped in.

Asta: If you say so.

Liebe: You should get back, those royals should be here soon for the ceremony.

Asta: You're rig-

He is then cut off with a blast of water to his face.

Noelle: What were you thinking? The ceremony starts in a hour.

Asta: I can't even do a quick workout to keep my mind off of things now?

Yuna: Don't lie Asta, Sister told us you were out here since dawn.

Mimosa: You need to take a break once in a while, since the first we met you've worked out.

Asta: It's gotten me stronger hasn't it?

Annabell: I'm surprised you're not sore.

Asta: Trust me I am.

Noelle: Whatever meathead.

Asta: Ow you really hurt my feelings, water witch.

Noelle: Don't make me blast you again!

Yuna: Can we go now.

Noelle: *crosses arms and looks away* I suppose we can.

Mimosa: Y-you can r-ride with m-me Asta.

Annabell: N-no he's going to ride with me.

Over the years Annabell grew to have feelings for Asta, but being the dense brick he is, he hasn't noticed that he has a harem. Yuna doesn't show but she occasionally blushes around Asta, Noelle on the other hand is a major tsunade. She blasts him with water when he makes her flustered and gave him the nickname "Bakasta". (A/n I'm using the name in the sub anime but not things like "san" or "kun" it feels weird). Mimosa and Annabell try and express their feeling more than the other two, they've become the biggest rivals. On multiple occasions they have both passed out due Asta's like of personal space.

Asta: I can run it's not that far from here.

Annabell: Aw ok.

Mimosa: Are you sure?

Asta: I have a lot of stamina, I'll be fine.

Yuna: Well we better hurry, it takes awhile to get there.

They leave the skull go to the tower, Asta running below the other four. The two that offered rides were sadden that he didn't accept. When they reached the tower, people were bad mouthing them.

???: Why is a manaless commoner with royalty.

???: They are disgraces to the royal families.

Asta had always been bad mouthed by everyone, so he was used to it, Although he felt bad for his friends. Other royals would treated them badly just because of Asta.

Asta: You can move away from me for this, I don't want people bad mouthing you four.

Annabell: We don't care what they say.