Chapter 2

Chizuru and I were walking around the park. Kazuya suggested going to the aquarium but didn't he just go there yesterday with Chizuru? I swear that guy has only one idea for a date.

Chizuru: The breeze is nice here! I'm glad you took me out to the park today!

[Y/N]: Ahaha... I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

Looking at Chizuru, I noticed a ball right towards her. I quickly hold my hand out and caught the ball before it even hits her.

Chizuru: Whoa!

[Y/N]: The park sure is lively, huh...

as I held the ball, two kids come running up to Chizuru and I. It's clear enough that it was an accident but damn these kids are hardcore. My hand's burning from that catch.

Kid #1: We're sorry, sir! It won't happen again!

Kid #2: Yeah! Really sorry!

[Y/N]: Um... Yeah. It's alright. I'm sure the next time it'll happen, I'll catch it again anyway.

Kid #1: That was a strong kick, though! Are you alright?

[Y/N]: Never better. Here, why don't you guys continue having fun.

I gave them their ball back as they smiled and nodded. They then run back to the field as I sighed from having to talk to more people.

Chizuru: You're surprisingly good with kids.

[Y/N]: Huh? Surprisingly?

Chizuru: You said you weren't a big people person. So, I thought you wouldn't know how to handle kids.

[Y/N]: *sigh* Tell me about it. The more people I talk to, the more my social battery drains out.

Chizuru laughs at my comment as she finds a bench. She sits down and took in a deep breath. Looking around, she seemed relaxed. As if she didn't need to be perfect or anything.

Chizuru: It's strange for me to say this, [Y/N]-kun, but whenever I'm with you, I feel like I can be myself.

[Y/N]: Hm? Why's that?

Chizuru: I'm not sure. I feel calm around you.

[Y/N]: Is this one of your daily rental girlfriend routines?

Chizuru looks up at me and giggles before shaking her head. She then looks at me again and puts on a smile.

Chizuru: You set off a nice vibe. I feel relaxed.

[Y/N]: Uhuh... What about Kazuya?

Chizuru: That guy... he gave me a 1 star review on the app!

I internally facepalmed. I knew he was mad about the whole girlfriend act but I didn't think he'd go as far as to giving her a 1 star review.

Chizuru: I mean come on! What did I do wrong!? I just did my usual routine!

[Y/N]: Well, if I could guess, he probably was just mad about the routine being... well... a routine. He just broke up with his girlfriend the day before he rented you out after all.

Chizuru: Ah. I see. No wonder.

Just as I was looking around the park a little more, my phone suddenly rang. I was sure I put it on silent before the date but I guess I can't change that anymore.

Chizuru: You got a call?

[Y/N]: Yeah, sorry, let me take this.

I looked at my.phone and noticed that it was my brother, Azuki. I picked it up and turned away from Chizuru so she won't listen in on the conversation.