Chapter 13

Walking back home, I sighed after the whole talk with Ruka. Finding out she's a rental girlfriend explains a lot. Chizuru is the top girlfriend on that site so it wouldn't be surprising if other rental girlfriends recognised her. I'm surprised Kuri didn't.

Turning around the corner, I see Chizuru waiting for me. She noticed me and walked up to me to give me a hug.

Chizuru: I'm so sorry...

Hearing her say sorry means that Azuki told her everything. Everything about Ayaka and what was to me. How special she was to the family. I guess she found out how she was killed...

《~》

《~》

(Three hours ago)

(Chizuru POV)

I knocked on the door since I was requested by Azuki to meet him in his office. It seemed serious so I went along with it. I'll also have to thank [Y/N] for helping me bail the situation.

Azuki: Come in!

I opened the door and walked into the office. Azuki noticed it was me and smiled before putting his phone down.

Azuki: Ah, Chizuru. Good to see you.

Chizuru: It's good to see you, too, Azuki.

Azuki: So, you needed to bail on a double date? What happened?

Chizuru: W-Well...

I can't exactly tell him Ruka figured out I was a rental girlfriend. I can't even tell him I am one. I have to come up with something.

Chizuru: T-The situation got intense and [Y/N] didn't want me to be a part of it. He was worried.

Azuki: Playing the hero again. That guy should chill.

Chizuru: *giggles* I kinda like him playing hero. He's my hero at least.

Azuki stared at me for a second since I was smiling and moving my hair behind my ear. The thought of [Y/N] excited me. He was different from all the other guys I met.

Azuki: You're... a rental girlfriend, aren't you?

Chizuru: H-Huh!?

I was surprised. How did Azuki find out about me being a rental girlfriend? What's going to happen if he really does know? What will happen to me and [Y/N]!?

Chizuru: A rental girlfriend? Seriously?

Azuki: Chizuru Mizuhara. Real name: Chizuru Ichinose. You're one of the biggest rental girlfriends on the Diamond app. You think I'd believe it if [Y/N] found a beautiful lady like you to be his girlfriend? i did my research. I had my fair share of help.

I didn't know what to say. How do I respond? I knew Azuki was smart. But... I never thought he'd look into my background.

Azuki: Chizuru. Whatever you are to [Y/N]. I don't care.

It felt as if I was being talked down on. As if Azuki was disappointed that I was none other than just a rental girlfriend. A fake girlfriend. With no possible way of getting into a relationship with me. I deserved to be talked down on. I deserve to hear what Azuki has to say.

Azuki: But whatever it is, I hope it doesn't hurt him.

Chizuru: Huh?

Azuki: You're a rental girlfriend. People rent you out and they go on dates with you. I'm sure [Y/N] is aware of that. Is he okay with it?