Chapter 14

I sighed as I walked out of campus with Ruka following me behind. Heading to the park close by, I look back at Ruka who had followed me all the way.

[Y/N]: Look, I don't know what exactly you want-

Ruka: I want you to hug me.

[Y/N]: I'm not going to hug you. Why do you want me to hug you so bad?

Ruka: Because I want to make sure.

[Y/N]: Make sure of what?

Ruka: It was 79...

[Y/N]: Hey, are you even listeni-

Ruka: Attack!!

She then tackled me and got me to fall on my butt. She takes my arms and wraps it around her as she takes out her phone.

[Y/N]: You little-

Ruka: I knew it...

I was curious and looked at her phone. It was bpm reader? How the hell? I noticed the bpm reading was 90 so I wasn't quite sure why she was so worked up about it.

[Y/N]: Wait, why am I still hugging you!? I'm mad at you!

I pushed her off of me and got up from the ground. I crossed my arms as I looked down on her as she gets up too.

Ruka: I-I can explain!

[Y/N]: Try it. See if I'll listen.

Ruka: Please! Just listen to me!

I sighed knowing she won't leave me alone if I don't listen so I decided to at least listen to what she has to say. I took a glimpse at my watch to see if I have time to listen but unfortunately, I don't.

[Y/N]: *sigh* I'm sorry, but I have to get going. I'm expecting my brother at home tonight so I'm making dinner.

Ruka: B-But-

[Y/N]: We'll talk another time, alright? I'll contact you on the Diamond App.

I turned and walked away leaving Ruka to stand alone in the park. I'll have to talk to Kuri as well. Having a new friend find out your girlfriend was actually a rental would suck so bad. I have to. I have to talk to him.

Heading back home, I was about to get inside my apartment but then I thought about Ruka exposing Kuri in front of me. I head over to Chizuru's apartment and knocked on the door. She opens it but her lock was still on. I reached my hand in and unlocked the door and immediately walked inside.

Chizuru: Wha- Hey!

[Y/N]: Pardon my intrusion.

Chizuru: I'm not going to just "pardon your intrusion"! What are you doing in here!?

[Y/N]: Ruka said she was a rental girlfriend in front of me and Kuri.

Chizuru: E-Eh??

[Y/N]: Yeah... I would've tried to worm out of that situation but there isn't any other way.

Chizuru: I feel so bad for Kuri-kun.

[Y/N]: Same here. He's most likely not going to rent her out anymore so that reduces the chances of him finding out about us.

I looked down and sat down on the ground which Chizuru noticed. She sat down next to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

Chizuru: What's wrong?

[Y/N]: It's just... something about that girl just bothers me.

Chizuru: What is that?

[Y/N]: She... just seems to have made up her mind about something. She had this serious look on her face.