Chapter 4

After last night, Kazuya and I talked about Azuki's robot legs. Of course, I didn't want to bring up the fact I've been interacting with Chizuru more than I was supposed to. It felt as though I got closer to both Chizuru and Kazuya.

I just wished the way we met was more different than how we initially met. I met Kazuya because he was screaming through the walls... I met Chizuru when she was on a date with Kazuya... Damn, Kazuya, you could be my light for the future. 

As I was thinking about all of this, I was walking around campus, listening to another audio book because I definitely did not have anyone I could talk to. That is until I bumped into another person. I initially thought it was Chizuru because I tend to bump into her a lot on campus but it wasn't. It's someone else. 

She was a rather short young woman, with blonde hair styled in a bouncy bob that has subtle pink highlighted tips. She has bright blue eyes and a tender smile. 

Short girl: Oh, sorry about that! You dropped your reference book.

She picked it up and handed it to me and I didn't know how to act. I didn't know who she was or rather her vibe is a little overwhelming. She then tilts her head at me and I don't know what she's trying to do with her eyes. Why do they look like they're trying to get a reaction out of me? 

Short girl: Say... I haven't seen you around here. What's your name. 

[Y/N]: U-Um... Uhh... [Y/N]...

Short girl: [Y/N]... Hmm... [Y/N]... Oh! You're that Kashima guy! 

[Y/N]: Umm... Yeah, that's me... How do you know that...?

Short girl: *scoffs* All the girls talk about you. You haven't noticed? 

[Y/N]: Uhh... No? 

Short girl: Wait, don't tell me, you're dense?

[Y/N]: Yes? No? How am I supposed to answer that? 

Short girl: Heh... Well, no matter. I'll see you around. Kashi-kun. 

She then walks away as I just held my reference book to my chest. Who the hell was that? She didn't even tell me her name. I then turned around and jumped as I saw Kazuya behind me. 

[Y/N]: WHAT THE HELL!? WHERE'D YOU COME FROM!? 

Kazuya: I saw you talking to Mami-chan.

[Y/N]: I'm sorry, who?

Kazuya: The girl you were talking to earlier. That's my ex. 

[Y/N]: Dude... 

Kazuya looks at me for a second and noticed my stare turned into a devastated look. 

[Y/N]: Your ex is scary. What the hell is she?

Kazuya: THE HELL DO YOU MEAN BY THAT!?

(No one's POV)

Unbeknownst to the two of them, Mami was walking in campus with her friends. Mami was thinking of [Y/N] and all the rumors about him. 

Imai: Mami, that was the Kashima guy, right?

Rei: He's actually hotter in person. 

Imai: Right? I'm surprised no one's ever asked him out or even became friends with him.

Mami: No one's ever asked him out, huh? 

Imai: Wow, look at you, already going after Kashima-kun after breaking up with your ex. 

Rei: What a player, you are. 

Mami turns to the two of them and glares with dull eyes. 

Mami: No one's ever asked him out, huh?