Chapter 8

I woke up today and feel very refreshed. What's strange is that I didn't hear anything from Chizuru nor did I get a text. It felt odd to me since she would always just bug me and take me out somewhere.

[Y/N]: Welp, just a day without Chizuru I guess... Could... Could she have heard what I said before I passed out...?

(Flashback)

[Y/N]: Chizuru... I love you...

(Present)

[Y/N]: I can't believe I said that! So, Chizuru's not talking to me because she rejected me... Hm...

I dropped my arms and sighed before sitting back on the bed. Putting my hands on my head as I think about Chizuru.

[Y/N]: Who am I kidding... She's a rental girlfriend. There's no way she'd ever accept someone like me. I'm just a loner. A rumor at college. I'm nothing to her...

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Of course, I was already thinking it was Chizuru, so I got up and ran up to the door. Opening it, I was disappointed as I see Kazuya in front of me.

[Y/N]: Oh, it's just you.

Kazuya: You expected it to be someone else?

[Y/N]: Well, genius, I sure was.

Kazuya: Oh. Your girlfriend, Mizuhara, huh?

[Y/N]: W-We aren't dating.

Kazuya: Eh? You're not?

[Y/N]: No... She's a rental girlfriend. You know that.

Kazuya: Oh. Ohhh!! You're obsessed with her, aren't you?

[Y/N]: W-What makes you say that!?

Kazuya: Dude, everywhere you go, she's always there with you. You're just renting her out all the time, am I right?

[Y/N]: R-right. Yeah... I'm just... Very obsessed with her. Haha...

Kazuya: You gotta relax, man. Look, I know she's a hottie but even you have to chill. You got your own life.

[Y/N]: Yeah, and my life is complete shit, by the way.

Kazuya: Hm?

[Y/N]: Dude, I'm a loner. I got no friends to hang out with. Or... Girlfriend...

Kazuya sighed as he put his hand on my should which I just picked it up with two fingers and dropped it off my shoulder. He puts his hand back on my shoulder and gave me a soft smile.

Kazuya: How about you and I go out and hang out? As friends.

[Y/N]: I don't know why you needed to mention the "as friends," part, I'm pretty sure I'm not gay.

Kazuya: Hey! You never know. You could be bisexual for all I know.

[Y/N]: I don't know if you're sexually attracted to me but you're kinda acting suspicious about it.

Kazuya: I-I'm not gay! As a matter of fact, I cracked one out before this! To Mami-chan!

[Y/N]: I definitely did not need to know that.

Kazuya: Argh! Just come with me and hang out for a bit!

[Y/N]: Alright alright. I'm coming.

I am 40% sure that this will go well. I'm only saying that because nothing ever goes well. What's a great day without something that could ruin the whole day. And hanging out with Kazuya? Yeah, I don't know what's going to happen.

《~》