One| Rainy Days

《Rainy Days》

Running is very uncommon on the first paragraph of the story, isn't it? Unless it was a cliche "running late for school in the morning" scene. But rest assured, because here we are running for job none of us wanted to do. And certainly, that was the same for a single girl.

This was exactly why (Y/n) (L/n) was running at night in the chilly streets with only a sweater and pants on. Having absolutely no time because of her tardiness, she was running like a goat. Or perhaps, a lonely ghost. She inhaled as the cold wind gusted past her. Had she not been used to it, she would've been gone in a coughing fit.

F**k it! I'm late again. Oh my god... Were her thoughts as she was running. She forgot her wallet so she couldn't afford a bus. Why can't I be rich enough to afford a damn car?! She always envied people with a car. Her broke self had to walk or take a bus. But then again, a school student doing a job could only do so much for herself.

Mom and dad, I wanna come back home! That was the worst thing her parents could've thought of. Sending such an irresponsible girl like her away for studies was nothing but chaos. She could hardly handle things. F**k it. Let me just spend my life as a broke student. She panted when she finally arrived at her job.

Her eyes looked up to see the restaurant she works at. A crappy, failing restaurant, that was. The owner already had bad blood with her, and (Y/n) was a push close to slapping her face. She huffed as she put her hands in her pockets and opened the door with her leg. No, she totally didn't walk in like she owned this place.

"(Y/n) (L/n), you're fired!" Surprise, b*tch.  The said female blinked as she could only stare at the old woman with a blank expression. A bomb was basically doomed upon her and she was thinking, April fools came early this year? It's not even April yet! It took her a moment to process it all.

"Woah," she raised an eyebrow, her structure still carefree. "Chill there. I didn't even enter and you're firing me already?" She scoffed, as if life had no worries at all. She crossed her arms as she pouted. "Where is your respect, ma'am?" She smirked. What was (Y/n) made up of— mostly sarcasm and carelessness.

The woman groaned at her sarcastic responses. This was the reason the girl wasn't going to be anywhere in life anytime. Such an attitude. "You're such a fool." She glared at the younger girl who simply kept her hands in her pockets, eyes burning with causality. "You're not working here anymore!" She screamed, pointing a finger at the female.

''Oh? May I get the reason?" The other worker' watched the girl with disgust in their eyes as they thought she'd be crying or something because of the news. But (Y/n)? She was here for the jokes only. She was failing in school, why not fail life too? She tilted her head and smiled sweetly. Or is it just your hormonal phase? If so, I'd gladly leave.

The woman pointed towards the dirty tables which originally, (Y/n) was in charge of. The said girl simply tilted her gaze to the place where she pointed at and blinked. "You've been doing absolutely hideous work lately! Because of you we are facing downfall of our restaurant."

She clicked her tongue. "I mean, the restaurant also sucks, no?" She smirked with her chin high. If she was getting fired, why not play with fire this once?

"Insolent girl, you're fired!" She pointed her finger to the glass doors as everyone watched.

She rolled her eyes, hand on the handle. "Fine! I'm leaving!" She declared before pausing, looking back slightly, she smiled. "Oh, and by the way, I left the gas open last night!" With that, she was out the door like wind as everyone screamed from behind. Her smile soon vanished when she felt something wet on her.