02. Finally

Nanami jolted awake from her alarm going off, she rubbed her eyes and struggled to open them to find her alarm clock on her nightstand

Nanami jolted awake from her alarm going off, she rubbed her eyes and struggled to open them to find her alarm clock on her nightstand. Squinting she finally found it and shut it off. She laid in bed for a moment before stretching under the covers and kicking them off. The short-haired girl walked straight to her window and drew the curtains shut.

She went to the washroom, wet her hands, and rubbed her eyes again. Now this time she was feeling more awake. Her heart felt like it was in her lungs, and was little anxious but her practice and training will not be wasted on some silly butterflies in her stomach. Before she left her sink she brushed her teeth and washed her face.

Walking back into her bedroom she went to her desk that was next to the window and opened the curtains, no longer mad at the light for blinding her. Nanami reached for her brush and got any tangles out, her hair which is naturally wavy. She then sprayed by a generous amount of heat protectant, and straightened. Figuring today was gonna be some hard work she didn't put on any makeup and just opted for her daily skincare. She picked an oversized dry-fit long sleeve and shoved it in her backpack, the night before she threw in some pencils, and a calculator for the written exams so she was light and packed.

Nanami yawned and scratched her head and took a deep breath.

"Wow, can't believe the exam is today..."

She went to her nightstand and unplugged her phone from charging, she shot a good morning text at Kaminari hoping he was awake, and slipped her phone into her backpack on the floor. Going to her closet, she took out her middle school uniform. It was a simple cute uniform but she hated how it was practically the same color as her hair.

Formally it's a white short-sleeved button-up with a navy blazer that had gold cufflinks, her skirt was the same color and pleated, it stopped just above the knee, and ankle socks are usually worn. When Nanami wore the uniform to school she sometimes ditch her jacket as soon as she was in the classroom, and instead of socks she just wore black stockings. But since today she would have to change, she just wore her shirt, skirt with biker shorts under, some white ankle socks, and carried her white tennis shoes in her hand till it was time to leave. She was going to have to take off her uniform anyway, so she was being practical rather than formal.

She took her meds from her desk and took them, she had about 15 minutes before she started to feel sick from her meds mixing with her empty stomach so she quickly grabbed her bag and went to the kitchen. Mom was already at the table sipping coffee and sorting through work papers she assumed and dad was sitting in the living room watching the morning news.

"Goodmorning Nanami." Her mother said while giving her a wave.

"Goodmorning mom, morning dad." Her father replied good morning and she went to place her shoes by the front door.

'Something quick, something quick...' I went to the fridge and grabbed some bread, put it in the toaster and walked back to the open fridge, and took out some apple jelly, and a two-pack of pre-boiled eggs. I opened the plastic pack with eggs and bit half of one.