11. Calvary Battle

"Nanami Tsutsumi is this rounds champion!!" Mic sprung up from his chair in the presenter's box, and Aizawa's brows were knit tightly

As a teacher, he knew better than to underestimate his student's abilities. But he did not foresee Nanami putting so much effort into the festival. She's always been so quiet, not much of an eye catch despite her notable quirk. When he was watching the feed of the entrance exams, taking notes on all the examinees, she definitely raised the bar high for herself by placing first. As did Bakugo. Except this whole time since she has hardly made an attempt to surpass herself, unlike the unruly blonde. At first, he thought she was lazy, but no. She was just simply not interested. So what has changed since then?

Meanwhile, on the field, Nanami had gotten to her knees and was breathing heavily. Mic was announcing the places of the next few students who entered the arena after her.

2nd Izuku Midoriya

3rd Shoto Todoroki

4th Katsuki Bakugo

5th Ibara Shiozaki

I can't hear what Mic was saying. I couldn't hear a damn thing. It's all to loud. I grabbed my shoulders to hug myself, my chest felt tight. 'Oh god, am I breathing? Did I forget how to?'

'What's going on...no no someone.' She bowed and pressed her forehead to the ground, trying to block out all the sound and focus on the scent of the dirt.

My throat closed and I felt powerless. Trying to squeak out a cry to show my struggle but I couldn't even take a breath in.

'Wow, she made it through the race with hardly any struggle!'

'I thought Endevor's kid would have made it first.'

'This round was great!'

'Woah is her hair real vines?'

'What's that green kid's quirk? How did he end up in second?'

'I hope the next round is as good as this one!'

Nanami's jaw was clenched and her eyes were screwed shut. She moved her hands to cover her ears.

'These damn voices! It's all too loud!'

She felt so sensitive to the environment around her but also so blocked off. She could feel the stomping in the stands, but not the students walking past her. She felt sweat on her arms and back but not the breeze that cooled her skin. She heard the voices bounce around in her head but not the boy standing above her trying to speak to her. She somehow felt almost every presence in the arena, but not the hand on her shoulder. It was all too much.

Midoriya stood above Nanami confused. He first thought the girl was slumped with relief from placing first. He went to congratulate her but from her lack of response when he tapped her shoulder he began to feel worried. He gently held her shoulder trying to get her attention while also debating if he should call for a medic. Maybe she passed out, or overused her quirk, or got hurt...