14. Ten Million Point Girl

I had forgotten all about my worries and walked back to my class section

I had forgotten all about my worries and walked back to my class section. If they wanted to judge me so be it. I'm playing a different game than them. They can have all these perceptions about me, and I don't care if I shatter them with my actions. I did what I had to do. Better yet, I'll leave them all alone. They won't have to associate with someone who flips a switch like that. It'd be for their own good.

Her face stayed stern and she made it to where everyone was sitting. Before she can go up some stairs to sit alone, someone embraced her. Nanami's eyes widened a bit and her cold facade dropped.

'Denki...'

He clutched onto the girl as if she was the one who got beat, "Nana, god I'm so glad you're okay! I thought she had you with her stupid water but you played us all!" My arms remained at my side while I let him hug it out, "Come on, the gang has a lot to say." he said.

Quick congratulations and bragging were heard from Sero and Kirishima. They ruffled her hair and patted her back, before pestering her with questions. She shushed them and suggested they focus on Mina's match against Tokoyami to try to hide her embarrassment from her thoughts of them not liking her anymore.

But unfortunately, Tokoyami made the match quick. Nanami wasn't too sure how it would have played out if Mina hadn't been pushed out of bounds. Her acid had zero effect on Dark Shadow and it would take a lot to get past him and to Tokoyami.

Kirishima and Bakugo quickly left to get ready for their match. Nanami's eyes wandered to Todoroki who she'd be facing next. She stayed staring at him until he felt her gaze and turned to her. She maintained eye contact for a bit before tilting her nose up and rolling her eyes.

'If Deku hadn't pushed him so hard I wouldn't have to worry about his flames too...'

Her mind wandered back to how Kaminari just greeted her so casually. She expected horrified looks from her classmates. In middle school, if she had done so much as sneezed her classmates would flinch. Scared she'd lose it at any second. Like she was a ticking time bomb.

But sometimes, she honestly felt like one. Her match with Tsumugi couldn't have been a better example. The way she just shut off before her match and then suddenly felt...human?

Nanami sighed and rubbed her eyes, hoping to get that cringe thought out of her head. Her eye's focused back down to the field when Present Mic started his commentary on the match, hyping up the crowd.

"- ANDDD START!"

Denki started shaking her arm, "Nanami look look! They're going in for it!" his eyes were excited as he watched their two friends charge at each other. She nodded and patted his hand.

Kirishima released a battle cry while swinging his arm at Bakugo. He barely grazed him but still had an effect since Bakugo's explosion wasn't completely accurate.

"This is gonna be interesting. Seeing how long both of them will last." Sero said with his head in his hand. I nodded, "I wonder if Bakugo has a plan, he had to know wasting his energy on explosions is useless, especially with Kiri."