10. Competive Recklessness

Okay guys I'm trying out a pov change

trying a mix of 1st and 3rd person

idk if im going to rewrite the previous chapters to fit the pov if i stick to it...lets see how this goes

__________

'That damn buzzing

'That damn buzzing.'

I groaned and shuffled under the covers, hoping the noise would stop. It didn't. Nanami sighed and reached for her phone charging on her nightstand.

Bringing it close I squinted to read the screen. I pressed answer and brought it to my ear, "Kaminiari. It's 6 AM what are you calling me for?"

She didn't bother clearing her throat to sound more awake. Why should she? She wasn't set to wake up for another hour and it's the day of the festival, she was going to get all the rest she could get.

"Nanami I can't go back to bed! I woke up to pee and now I'm just lying here with my eyes open! What do I do, I-I need to get enough sleep for today and I-"

I pressed the red button and ended the call. 'I do not have time.' Stretching one last time I readjusted myself and smothered myself in my covers. Easily Nanami fell asleep, but it felt like only three minutes when by before her alarm clock started blaring.

Blinking the sleep away I pushed the hair out of my face and sat up. The sunlight filtered in past the curtains.

"Morning start..." I muttered, pulling myself out of bed. I pulled the curtains open and squinted at the full force of the light coming in. Yawning I walked to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

'Much better.' I smiled at my more awake-looking self in the mirror. UA had sent out the uniforms they wanted us to wear for the festival to our homes. It was just the gym uniform but they wanted to make sure everyone got a crisp new set. I had gotten mine two days ago, it was on my vanity chair neatly folded. Ready for today.

Quickly brushing through her hair Nanami got dressed. Checker herself out in the mirror she decided to braid the two front pieces of hair that usually fall in her face and pinned them back. She went to her desk and placed each of the pills she had to take for the morning in her palm before leaving her room.

"Good morning Mom. Dad."

"Morning Dear." her dad waved from the couch. "Good morning Nanami. Did you take your medicine?"

Nanami nodded and grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator, "About to, just grabbing some water."

"Okay, I made some breakfast for you. It's in the microwave."

After downing the pills and water I opened the microwave to see what mom prepared. My eyes widened a bit. I took the plate from the microwave and set it on the table, grabbing some chopsticks on the way.