" matt" i yelled as i walked down the stairs.
" in the kitchen" he yelled back.
matt was making pasta for dinner. i don't know why, but when he asked me to stay the night i felt happy.. and not the type of happy when nick asks me to stay the night. i really have to sort out my feelings.
it was 8pm by the time we sat down to eat. i grabbed the remote off the end of the couch and logged into netflix.
" how about a twilight marathon" i suggested
" sounds great" matt replied with a smile.
this was weird as matt always gives me shit for liking twilight because in his words " it's an unrealistic love story. vampires and werewolves don't exist"
i didn't say anything and pressed play on the first movie.
we had finished eating and i stood up to go clean mine and matt's dishes. as i walked into the kitchen i ran into chris.
" hey chris can i talk to you about something" he was standing there dishing up a bowl of the leftover pasta matt had made us.
" of course, you can talk to me about anything ell" he placed his bowl down
" matt's been acting really weird around me lately.. weirder than normal at least" i whispered so matt couldn't hear our conversation.
" what do you mean by weird?" he asked
" today before you guys got to the car, he came up and hugged me which isn't unusual but it was a tighter hug than normal it was like his soul left his body once he hugged me and now he's sitting in the living room watching twilight" chris looked at me and smiled
" yeah, that is weird" he replied still smiling
" you know something don't you chris" i looked at him with a look that the boys called ' eleanor's mum look'
" all i'm going to say is spend more time with matty, figure this out on your own" he hugged me and then walked out of the kitchen and back to his bedroom with his bowl of pasta.
i walked back into the living room to see matt focused on the movie. bella and edward had just met and were sitting in class together
" hey" he smiled at me
oh my god that smile. okay get it together eleanor you can't be falling in love with matthew sturniolo after all.. it's matt.
i sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around me. i felt safe all of the sudden. even safer than i've been felt around matt.
oh no. i'm in love.