10

matt and i walked downstairs to make breakfast. we entered the kitchen to find chris already cooking a bunch of waffles.
" good morning love birds" chris placed another waffle on the plate.
" morning" i smiled and sat down at the kitchen bench.
nick walked out of his room.
" matt, chris we need to film today." nick sat down next to me and hugged me
" blindfolded baking?" matt suggested while making both mine and his plates of waffles.
" sounds good but who's blindfolded" chris asked.
" i think it should be nick" i chimed into the conversation and smiled at nick waiting for his response
" why me?" nick asked he sounded annoyed but laughed it off
" just take the pretty girls suggestion" matt handed me my plate and i began to eat while the boys discussed their video idea some more.
once i was done, i decided i should probably go home and get ready for work.
" i think i'm going to head home, i need to get ready for work" i wrapped my arms around matt's neck and hugged him
" want me to drive you?" matt suggested
" it's a five minute walk matt, i think i can manage" i laughed and kissed his cheek.
" okay well i'm walking with you" he smiled and buried his head into my shoulder
" you are so clingy matt" nick and chris both said as they laughed.
i grabbed my stuff that i needed to take home and said goodbye to the boys, matt followed after me as i walked out the door.
he grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers. i could feel his piercing blue eyes staring at me.
" take a picture matty, it'll last longer" i smiled and playfully his his arm
we continued to walk until we reached my house.
i thought to myself ' neither of them are home again, it's been 8 weeks'
matt noticed my worried look
" i'm sure they're fine ell, they'll come home eventually" he unlocked the door with his key and we walked in.
ever since i was about 13 my parents were never home and by parents i mean my loving mother who would do anything to get into a screaming match with me and my amazing step dad who called me a disgrace to the family. he wasn't even apart of the family, in my opinion at least. this time was different, they hadn't been home in 8 weeks which wasn't unusual but i always got a call or text to know they were okay.
i walked into my room and began looking for my work clothes. matt stood in the doorway.
" i'm going to head home but i'll be back to give you a lift to work" he walked up and hugged me.
" you know matt, i do have my own license and my own car" i laughed releasing myself from his hug
" i know, i just wanna make sure you get there safe" he kissed my forehead " i love you, i'll be back in no time"
the constant butterflies this boy gave me even just by looking at me. i had never felt this way before.
i hopped in the shower to freshen up, blasting mine and matt's playlist we had made when we were 16, listening back to all these songs made me realise how blind i was. he was in love with me for so long how didn't i notice?
i got out of the shower, dried off and got dressed. my work clothes were pretty boring. a black tee, black jeans and my converse. it was comfortable though.
i sat down at my vanity to do my hair and makeup when my phone buzzed.
                          imessage 💬
                              matt 🫶🏻
   matt🫶🏻
i'm leaving now, see
you in two seconds x
seen.

i smiled at his message and by the time i had stopped, matt was in my room. he just stood there smiling at me. i could see his reflection in my mirror. god his smile is perfect.
" hi" i looked at him through the reflection snapping him out of his thoughts
" hey ell" he walked over and sat on my bed playing with the squishmallow he bought me for my birthday.
" i'm almost ready, i just need to finish my makeup." i applied my mascara and fixed my hair putting it in a high ponytail.
once i was ready matt and i made our way out to the van making sure to lock the door behind us.
matt reversed out of the driveway and down the road towards the mall.
we blasted music until we got to my destination.
" thank you matt, i'll see you at 5?" i looked at him with a smile.
" of course ell. " he leant towards me and kissed me
" have a good day, i love you" i was lost in his perfect eyes and beautiful smile
" i love you too" i made my way out of the van as much as i didn't want to and walked towards work.
matt stayed parked until he knew i was in the building safely.
5 o'clock couldn't come faster.